scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

The Robin Sylvester Fund

#120014 2 years, 8 months ago
paper.li/thedeadblog/1300088501

The Basics
Name of Cause: Robin Sylvester Fund
Purpose: To assist Robin Sylvester with urgent medical expenses.
The Details

Robin Sylvester, born in London, lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, and is best known for his work with Bob Weir & RatDog. Although primarily a bass player, he plays several instruments, including guitar and keyboards, and has also done extensive arranging.

He began his professional music career with the a capella London Boy Singers chorus in the 1950s, and worked as a sound engineer in 1960s and 1970s in all the great studios in London, including Abbey Road. Inspired by Paul McCartney to play bass, he also used early synthesizers while playing with and producing Byzantium in 1971.

While touring with Dana Gillespie, he moved to the US in 1974. Clive Davis signed his folk rock band The Movies to Arista Records, which played in NY and LA in the late 70s. As a session musician, he worked alongside Steve Douglas, backing The Beach Boys and Ry Cooder. He also played in live acts led by Marty Balin, Mary Wells, The Shirelles, The Coasters, The Drifters, Billy Preston, Christine McVie, Steve Seskin, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Freddy Fender, Del Shannon and Vince Welnick’s Missing Man Formation.

In 2003, he joined Bob Weir & RatDog and also plays occasionally with jambands Ghosts of Electricity, Melvin Seals & JGB, David Nelson & Friends, Jemimah Puddleduck and The Rubber Souldiers.

Robin has been hospitalized for several months, and is now awaiting a kidney transplant. Funds will be used to offset his medical bills, cost of a transplant and vital living expenses.

Thank you from Robin, his family, friends and Sweet Relief.

How to help

To donate online click the DONATE NOW link on the top of this page and choose "Robin Sylvester Fund" from artist drop down section.

To donate by check:

write check to:
The Robin Sylvester Fund at Sweet Relief

Mail to:
Sweet Relief Musicians Fund
2601 East Chapman Ave., Suite 204
Fullerton, CA 92831

Sweet Relief Musicians Fund is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity. Federal ID# 95-4443962

If you wish donate items, services or develop a fundraising event please contact us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 949-715-4606
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , ecojaded
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: The Robin Sylvester Fund

#120015 2 years, 8 months ago
You can also help by purchasing something from the sweet relief store

sweetrelief.bigcartel.com/
Attachments:

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Helen A Bucket
Junior Boarder

#120894 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm just bumping this because I firmly support it. Robin is a veteran musician and a wonderful human being who deserves to live. This is a chance to act on the spirit of Phil's message, and to band together behind another bassist who needs life-saving organ replacement. I hope the day will come when stem-cell technology make this procedure cheap and routine, but until that day comes, people like Robin need our support. For the price of seeing him play one show, you can help him be on stage when he's Phil's age.
Even if you can't afford to donate, please take a minute to share this fund with those who might be able to. Not everyone knows who Robin is, but he's been there at showtime for RatDog and other great acts, we should be there for him now.

Here's the direct link to the donate page:
www.sweetrelief.org/program/robin-sylvester-fund/
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Helen A Bucket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
snorky
Fresh Boarder

#122167 2 years, 8 months ago
He is a wonderful and humble, person...I was talking to him after a Ratdog show and someone walked and said "Phil Who? Who needs him, great show Robin." Robin's reply was Thank you, his name is Phil Lesh and this music needs him, he is an amazing player."
Times are tight but please think about giving a donation to his fund
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#133673 2 years, 7 months ago
I just did my small part. I'll be sporting a few relief fund bracelets at the Beacon and Bethel.

<<<Healing vibes for Robin>>>

The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
CyndiMeza
Fresh Boarder

#164243 2 years, 4 months ago
I hope that the day will come when stem cell technology make the process cheap and common, but the day before, people like robin need our support.
Recommend you charmed box set 1-8,a very good-looking DVD!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Chester
More or less in line

#190989 2 years, 1 month ago
Bump.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds