• You are here
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Defend Ancient Redwoods

#35896 3 years, 3 months ago
www.change.org/petitions/defend-ancient-...son-grove-state-park

go to the above link to sign the petition to save the Redwoods in that area that has almost 10,000 signatures already.

Here are the facts:

"The redwood forest in Richardson Grove State Park supports old growth stands of redwood that are an important part of California's natural heritage. This heritage has nearly disappeared as a result of logging and conversion to agriculture of the original redwood forest. Of the close to 2,000,000 acres of redwood forest in California in 1850, only about 39,000 acres are protected in state and national parks. These old growth stands cannot be replaced and special consideration should be given to any projects that would impact the remaining old growth forests.

Please get involved enough to sign the petition. Calling out the local SAC TOWN HEADS to go to the rally and show our support.

thanks everyone.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, the highway terror, PMoondancer , DeadHead420, mddichard07
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Defend Ancient Redwoods

#35907 3 years, 3 months ago
i signed it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#35961 3 years, 3 months ago
heres the response i got Dear constituent:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns and interests. I really value the insightful and informational comments I receive from the residents of the First Assembly District and I am pleased to say that I am hearing from more of you than ever before. I assure you that all letters and emails I receive are read and catalogued regardless of what method I receive them. My office uses a very efficient computer system to log these comments which makes this information easily accessible to me and your comments must be provided via my public website at www.asm.ca.gov/Chesbro in order to be captured into that system. I apologize for any inconvenience. I take the opinions of my constituents very seriously and this resource is an important tool that I use in my decision making process. However, due to staffing restrictions and the sheer volume of correspondence I receive on a daily basis, I am simply unable to respond to constituents individually.

To follow legislation, you can visit www.leginfo.ca.gov. This website will provide you with the language of a measure as well as a summary of it, information on the progress of a measure and a tally of the Legislature’s votes. You can sign up to receive email updates on legislation you are interested in by looking up the bill, either by number, author or keyword and clicking on the “Subscribe” key on the bottom of the page. You will be directed to enter your email address and you will then be notified whenever there is legislative action on that particular bill.

If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact one of my district offices listed below:

Eureka office: 707-445-7014 (residents of Del Norte, Trinity or Humboldt Counties)

Ukiah office: 707-463-5770 (residents of Mendocino or Lake Counties)

Santa Rosa office: 707-576-2526 (residents of Sonoma County)

Thank you again for your correspondence.

Respectfully,

WESLEY CHESBRO
Beorn
Fresh Boarder

#38397 3 years, 2 months ago
I've been wondering for years now what has been killing the Coast Redwoods. It's not pollution or lack of water. It's not even hotter, drier climates, because I've been seeing just as many dying Redwoods near the coast. It's the virus commonly called "Sudden Oak Death".
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#38802 3 years, 2 months ago
I have never seen Redwood or sequoia trees except in pictures.
It's one of the things I want to do someday. to hike in a forest full of those giant trees
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#38819 3 years, 2 months ago
me too
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#38882 3 years, 2 months ago
Has anyone seen the movie "The Big Trees' starring Kirk Douglas?

It has great footage of the giant groves.

I love the redwoods!
Chester
More or less in line

#40120 3 years, 2 months ago
When I visited San Fran back in 94, I stayed with some friends who were renting a place in the "Mission". Nice old place, with a
big back yard, and the biggest tree I have ever seen in my life. I think it was a redwood. Right in a city neighborhood. I was
told it was a smaller one. But it was huge! These are the ancient giants of our world. The king of tree's. You wouldn't think
a tree that big would have much to worry about from us tiny humans, but with our devious plans, and big machines, we are
those tree's worst enemy. There was a time, when man relished the challenge to bring down a giant. But now we must be
their protectors.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , ecojaded
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#91218 2 years, 10 months ago
Signed it! Good Cause!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#94053 2 years, 9 months ago
A little presure goes a long way for those in smaller Civic Seats.

Thanks to all !!!!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds