• You are here
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

How about helping our men and women in uniform?

#54524 2 years, 10 months ago
A fellow deadhead from this site turned me on to www.anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/

Essentially it is a network set up to help servicemen and women ask the public for everyday items they cannot find while they are serving (generally overseas). YOU select who YOU wish to help (actually not so easy with so many good causes).

Whether we believe in the war / conflict or whatever they call it, I can't think of many causes more deserving. Simple things will make them happy, homemade cookies, a poster, pens, socks, baby wipes, shampoo and the list goes on and on. But believe it or not some desperately need special flashlights and the like. Others are looking for used clothing for the Afghan and Iraqi children.

This is what the banner on the site says:

WARNING: Contents of this site are addictive.
Persons using this site may be overcome with tears of sympathy or tears of joy. May also cause a sense of pride in our great nation and the fighting men and women who defend our freedom.

Let's show these men and woman that we do care and we do appreciate their effort. They are facing some tough times. And I for one am sick of the out of sight out of mind attitude that is prevalent with us Americans (myself included).

How about these quotes from a fellow deadhead I met on this site: "The only message I would have would just be to remember all the soldiers who have given everything to support Americas freedom and even if you don't support the cause, always support the troops!" Another quote from him "we lost 3 soldiers this week alone". Heavy stuff. And when I offered to send him a care package he politely declined and asked that I send it to soldiers who have it more difficult than he does, a real stand up guy.

There are plenty of great causes out there, some of which I will always supprt. In all my years this is one of the BEST causes I have ever seen. I know I will make a difference in a soldiers life real soon. Why not join in?

~The futures here, we are it, we are on our own...on our own...........
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: fix typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, njt1rider
Fresh Boarder

fonv.ca?

#57973 2 years, 10 months ago
There are a lot of good causes; like this group of folks here in British Columbia they have spent a ton of time fighting for this shining ball of blue we call our home. They are working on various things including Grizzly Bear research, Wild Horse studies in hopes of having them protected under Federal Law the area is in Northern BC and is amazing I was fortunate enough to spend 7 days hiking and although we did see any Wild horses (they are very elusive) however we did see three BIG Grizzly Bears just awe inspiring this was in there natural habitat, not from a road or car, but we had hiked into there zone. These things are at risk from mining companies, logging operations. This is the last station on the line and the place is the Nemaiah Valley. Friends of the Nemaiah is the group and you all can please go to the website www.fonv.ca I was on Tales from the Golden Road on sirius last Sunday and mentioned it, David Lemuix has spent time in BC and knows what a beautiful place it is. Deadheads have the positve power to make changes in this world, wouldn't it be great if not only is the Grateful Dead remembered for its musical journey but Deads have the chance to unite. If we don't have a place to call home, then what are those brave men and women in uniform fighting for? Not the inapropiate and industrial destruction of our planet. Again www.fonv.ca Rosie Red and Electric Blue can't wait for Eugene see ya in the Phil Zone.......
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 11869.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: How about helping our men and women in uniform?

#58086 2 years, 10 months ago
wow way to rain on this post why dont you start yout own thread insted of bashing this one.i thinkyour idea is great to help out the troops they are doing a dangerous job for low wages and very little respect from some.i give to the USO which provides phonecards sets up canteens for entertainment and R&R for the troops go to USO.com
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, njt1rider
Fresh Boarder

Fonv.ca

#58090 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey what about the wild horses and grizzlies are you down with that?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 11869.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: How about helping our men and women in uniform?

#58115 2 years, 10 months ago
start a thread dont hijack his
Fresh Boarder

Re: fonv.ca

#58319 2 years, 10 months ago
I see thank you.
Fresh Boarder

#58320 2 years, 10 months ago
How do I start a new thread i'm new at this?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#58343 2 years, 10 months ago
easy top left is a green button that says new topic click that and a new screen pops up give it a title and and then your message.
Fresh Boarder

#59545 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks dude,
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#60052 2 years, 10 months ago
no problem
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds