• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: The Flag

#119334 2 years, 6 months ago
I'd go with any of the designs, they're all good ... we're not trying to win American Idol just have something to identify with and a way to meet up!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, Cosmic Arkie
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#119339 2 years, 6 months ago
i understand the concept of signing the flag but i'm not sure how we would go about doing that. a flag is generally double-sided, meaning, there'd be print on both sides.i think we'd want that, so the flag would be more visible to everybody.

as far as signing...during my original ideas of having a space inside venues i always envisioned a signing log or whatever you want to call it. somewhere where you can sign in (if you want, by no means do you have to sign anything, handle or name) and make a brief comment. it's not intended to write essays or anything like that. just a list of people who swung by and maybe a thought from each (if they'd like to share one). we could have a notebook really.

i really like the idea of t-shirts too.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#119373 2 years, 6 months ago
The thing is this. There's a lot of good ideas that have been brought up. As we should expect from a GD crowd, very creative people.

We have to accept the fact that we all won't agree, and every idea can't be used.

That doesn't mean that you should stop posting your thoughts, or please, don't be offended if your idea has had some people less than interested. It is a community project, everyone should speak freely.

As far as signing the flag, well, I'm less than interested in that. Even if you use the back, it can only go so far. Eventually the flag will be filled and all marked up with signatures. My vision was a really nice flag we can be proud of and have it look good.

It wouldn't be very hard to have a log book that traveled with the flag. You could be very creative with what you put in it, with names and fav songs or folks you got to hang out with at the show. It could hold a lot of info and would be fun to look through. Maybe the current holder could scan the pages and post them for the folks who didn't make it to the show, and a great memory for those who could. Having a written memory is a great idea. But not necessarily on the flag itself though, it can only go so far. What about the folks later in the tour who can't sign it? It lends itself to some people being able to sign it, and some not.

I apologize if I spoke my opinion to strongly or directly, and may have offended anyone. Please forgive me.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, brokenarrow, ruby_claire, 23atwell, Iriecycle, Wundurland
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#119448 2 years, 6 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
I love how this is coming along....I think we should all dose simultaneously, and discuss the details

or whatever else comes to mind. I love discussions, especially in larger groups, when there is only one voice and all in the group can connect with the conversation without side conversations, rare in our American lack of culture.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#119544 2 years, 6 months ago
way to go. you guys must smoke way less pot than me cause i have just like sketched a few things.
fyi, one of the beniefits of smoking liked ALOT of pot,is you can watch a movie, then like watch it again a couple years later, and its like the first time. same with books.
thank you lord for marijuana, how boring life would be without it.
am i too lazy to be bored or too bored to be lazy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#119551 2 years, 6 months ago
How about a signing book that has the date and location of the show. You can sine it leave a mesage and or a quote.
Then sombody can post it on the forum for all to see.

Tell me all that you know, Ill show you snow and rain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#119613 2 years, 6 months ago
Sign our names in the dark with glow sticks and watch the trails....
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#119659 2 years, 6 months ago
I been absent and didn't even know this was going on. Great idea, great designs. Thanks for all the hard work!
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#119677 2 years, 6 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
I love how this is coming along....I think we should all dose simultaneously, and discuss the details

great idea, just let me know when to dose
volare
Senior Boarder

#119681 2 years, 6 months ago
I wasn't home yesterday to try to incorporate everyone's suggestions, but here is another possibility that at least get to a couple of them.

FurthurFlag5.jpg
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Time to create page: 4.06 seconds