• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stealmyface
Junior Boarder

Re: The Flag

#119079 2 years, 7 months ago
I'd like to see Ossumpei's flag in purple/blue with the FFF underneath. Great work!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by stealmyface.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#119085 2 years, 7 months ago
It looks good. We just need to make the font bigger and maybe put some color in the font. It seems that background is a little to much for the words on the flag, it seems to get lost due to the background. Do you know what I mean.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Chester
More or less in line

#119089 2 years, 7 months ago
I like aspects of both. I like the colors of Volare's, and the script is cool. I like the idea of Ossumpei's, having some
dancing bears and skeletons. I don't think we need to spell out "Furthur Family Forum. Just the 3 F's.
Just throwing some thoughts around.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#119108 2 years, 7 months ago
volare wrote:
so here is some more color and the FFF... (but minus the world....it got so busy with it that it you couldnt tell what things were.

FurthurFlag3.jpg

Still dozin fairly nicely now...those colors are gettin' it man! Great Ideas! If they fly it/them, we will come...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#119114 2 years, 7 months ago
I dig it just the way it is or just add skeletons on bottom corners, not to big. I love the colors which is really all that will be seen from a distance while flapping in the wind. I say just post it everywhere so people know what to look for at a show and let it fly. We can free style it from here. I can't wait to see what good deeds we can make come of this. Rock on FFF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#119120 2 years, 7 months ago
the earth was actually chester's idea, an inspiration from a nasa photo he shared with us. i only brought it up in the next thread because i liked the idea and noticed it no longer seemed to be an idea.

i think it represents diversity. our community (and deadheads in general) are really such a diverse group, it's 'out of this world'. LOL

i like that one volare threw down with the earth. the one above is cool too if we could add those original designs we discussed.

thanks for t he hard work everybody
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#119122 2 years, 7 months ago
Lookin beautious, Thinkin/agreeing the "www.furthur.net/forum" on bottom corner nice for more interaction.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
stealmyface
Junior Boarder

#119123 2 years, 7 months ago
That's real nice! Love the colors, simple and classy. Can that be made into a flag? I wouldn't know where to begin, let alone just getting to this point.
volare
Senior Boarder

#119148 2 years, 7 months ago
Two more minor tweaks. I got the distances all measured out so it is even now. Plus I played around with replacing the lightning bolt with the globe. I am trying to stick to simple, as in less is more.

I think this could be made pretty easily. If there is someone with tie-dye skills, they could make the background flag and then it is a simple matter of uploading the logo to a place that does silkscreening. (I think I have actually never made a flag before.)

(by the way, if you right click on these, and open in a new tab, you can see it without it being clipped off by the width of the forum column.)

FurthurFlag3.1.jpg

FurthurFlag4.jpg
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by volare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, DancingTurtle
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#119155 2 years, 7 months ago
Ok I have an opinion. I like volares flag but its to fancy. I like the simplicity of ossumpei original flag with the bolt and the FFF and maybe you could leave it blank so maybe members could sign it. Its there to attract forum members and the fancy one almost looks like something the band put together.

Not putting any ideas down just my opinion and thank you for atleast trying to get this done
GOOD LOVE
Chester
More or less in line

#119158 2 years, 7 months ago
volare wrote:

FurthurFlag4.jpg

I like that for the logo. Maybe the colors are a bit flashy, but any coloring can be done after the fact.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#119159 2 years, 7 months ago
@ first I was wanting the dark blue more centered under the logo, then I started liking the offset better. Now I think I'd like the dark blue lower right corner, w/ "www.furthur.net/forum" in the dark blue. How bout globe image not the common American version w/ North America at center of globe? Rather the blown-out full Earth version split at Atlantic or Pacific . . . then perhaps the lightening bolt passing over the ocean in question. Lost my Procion collection, would love to dye it otherwise. Yeah, tie-dye, then white screen, then blue screen, I guess. I like the full image better than forum clipped
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Iriecycle. Reason: full image, and coma
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds