• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

Re: for the OH's (original heads)

#18504 2 years, 12 months ago
I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand I think the young people should find and create their own scene. What would of happened if Jerry was content following bluegrass bands around the country and never branched out to do his own thing. We would never of had the Grateful Dead or any of this...

On the other hand I'm really happy to see happy new faces at the shows that are getting into the music that I love so much and really enjoying it. Sometimes I feel a little bad for them cuz a fun as P&F and Furthur is, there is still nothing like a Grateful Dead concert...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
boxorain
Fresh Boarder

#18510 2 years, 12 months ago
25 years ago, I was one of those 20 year old kids just getting into the Grateful Dead. I can remember older heads wondering how I got into them. The music is timeless.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#18522 2 years, 12 months ago
I love the new kids who get it and are there for the music. It makes me really happy and I think they are why I spend time on this forum. I learned from older brothers and sisters whom I loved, and I think the new kids deserve the same kind of love and encouragement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , ICantFindMyFace
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18529 2 years, 12 months ago
i started at 14 so it only seems natural to me .i just wish that somewould realize that the 60's are gone and alot of bad shit happened then. it wasnt all peace and love and they need to take care of themselves or get screwed over ,were not all family, just fans of a band
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#18568 2 years, 12 months ago
Welcome all. If you love the music, the more the merrier! I love that the Grateful Dead's music continues to entertain! Long may you run!
*pict groover*
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19015 2 years, 11 months ago
"The 80s are the 60s 20 years later" - Wavy Gravy
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

#19025 2 years, 11 months ago
I love the young-uns coming to the shows and think it is the job of anyone who has been around for any length of time to nudge them in the "right" direction. I put that it quotes because let's face it, is there really a "right" direction? I think you all know what I mean. It's also important because if we want this music to grow to grace the world stage of immortality such as Mozart, Beethoven, The Beatles. or Rolling Stones, we have a ways to go. While Jerry Garcia and Grateful Dead have become household names in our country and certainly some pockets of Europe, it is a long way from being a global force. Then again maybe it's best kept to ourselves. I don't know, I just would love (hopefully many years down the road) as my life candle flickers to its final flame that I will be able to smiile and contemplate people 200 years from now still getting down to an over the top Shakedown Street, China>Rider, or any of the beautiful songs we love. Just my thoughts.....Newbie, Schnewbie....just get on the bus!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#19272 2 years, 11 months ago
Abba wrote:
that quote is 30yrs old
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#19282 2 years, 11 months ago
I like the young folks and the energy they bring. We were the young ones in the early eighties, now they are. They just the same as we were then. I try to party it up with them as much as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19333 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Abba wrote:
that quote is 30yrs old

Does that mean I can't use it anymore?
Here's one " The 2000's are just the 1960's 40 years later" Abba
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Abba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rhythmdaddy
Time to create page: 3.65 seconds