• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Annie
Fresh Boarder

Re: for the OH's (original heads)

#19373 2 years, 11 months ago
Abba wrote:
"The 80s are the 60s 20 years later" - Wavy Gravy

fuckin love Wavy!! Trying really hard right now to get to the Birthday bash in a couple weeks, I think I can...I think I can..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#19393 2 years, 11 months ago
I see a younger person at shows. I think some things in life will always be cool
derek92
Junior Boarder

#19400 2 years, 11 months ago
i am a younger kid hence 92.. never got to see jerry but was introduced to his music at 13 and it was off from there around 17 i started to get into live music because it was whats happening and in the moment but would always go back to my grateful dead or jerry music. I was trying to see DSO really bad but could never get close enough (this led to learning of John Kadlecik yet another one of my now classic artists that i always turn on) this was because it was the closest i could get to my blessed Grateful Dead music right? Wrong!! Furthur!!! What BOB PHIL AND JOHN YOUR SHITING ME now i get to every furthur show i can and have met coutless people who have seen Jerry bunches of times and i think its great to get to meet someone who has been in that spot compared to mine of course. Some of the people i have met at shows are really cool, others not so much. I am a kid and i try my best not to piss off older people at shows out of respect but from what ive seen us kids suck haha. All the kids I saw at broomsfield were i think im a hippy with my wire wrap and Dead shirt I was Pissed should of gave your ticket to someone who likes the music man is all i think.
Play Dead/Furhur/JGB/JKB ah How Sweet it is
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#19401 2 years, 11 months ago
I think that getting into the band when Jerry's not around because of the music is the only way you can get into the band, as it was in the old times. I mean that's why he made the music, to form some sort of connection with others to try and figure out what the hell is going on in this thing called life! If you get into Furthur for drugs, the money to be made souvenirs, or just to say you saw them before they kicked the bucket or any other weird reason that would make you a bum and me grumpy....

The Music Will Never Stop
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#19442 2 years, 11 months ago
Abba wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Abba wrote:
that quote is 30yrs old

Does that mean I can't use it anymore?
Here's one " The 2000's are just the 1960's 40 years later" Abba
its 2011,try 50 +yrs and you can use it its irelevent but go ahead and use it.i just find it strange that people want to live in the past
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19451 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Abba wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Abba wrote:
that quote is 30yrs old

Does that mean I can't use it anymore?
Here's one " The 2000's are just the 1960's 40 years later" Abba
its 2011,try 50 +yrs and you can use it its irelevent but go ahead and use it.i just find it strange that people want to live in the past

Can you explain how it is irrelevant?? Honestly never mind.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
St. Stevie
Fresh Boarder

#19584 2 years, 11 months ago
I love it as long as they're truly down and respectful. I was 25 (so maybe not an "OH" but got my cred) when Jer died and hopped on the Phish bus for a long time, watching them go from college bars to Toronto clubs to where they are now. My bud and I were chillin in the lot one summer and some little wasted doofus comes up out of nowhere and asks how old we were. I told him 28 and he says, "man you guys are a little old to be doing this aren't you". You don't see him much on tour anymore ;}
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#19590 2 years, 11 months ago
I love the music!!!! I feel it in my body when a song comes on. The Music speaks to my soul...sounds stupid and corny but it is the way I feel. A Furthur show is like church for me
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#19634 2 years, 11 months ago
A couple things--- I don't think there is an OH on this site. An OH to me is someone who was seeing shows in 66-67-68-69....you are certainly not an OG if you never saw Pigpen. I forget the exact quote but Jerry said something to the effect that the good ole Grateful Dead died with Pig. I saw my first show at 16 in 1981. I would call myself and other of this period second generation heads. At my second show I got accidently puddled HUGE and the kyndest of the elders around me and the immense time I had after coming back to reality a lil in set 2 is (besides the music obviously) one of the things that got me on the bus for good. I love seeing younger folks at shows really diggin the music. The only thing I don't like is when the younger folks don't respect their elders or the enviremont or get what its all about. I don't blame them.. I blame US the older folks for not teaching what was taught to me.. and yes sometimes the " I am 19 I know it all " younger folks don't wanna listen. There was a time in the early 80's where believe it or not I don't think there was a fan at a show that wouldn't give you the shirt off his back if you asked. We were all "on the ride" together. I honestly miss those times. That said I am supremely grateful the bus hasn't stopped and younger folks are diggin it. Keep on truckin FURTHUR>
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#20412 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
A couple things--- I don't think there is an OH on this site. An OH to me is someone who was seeing shows in 66-67-68-69....you are certainly not an OG if you never saw Pigpen.

my buddies father who went to his first show in 69 is on here. good man too.
but good point crazy to think that 66 is now 45 years ago. i can only look back with jealousy and wish i could have enjoyed the ride. 2008 was too late to get there.
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds