• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
avettsister
Junior Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#225509 1 year, 7 months ago
Dear Denver Man, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my heartfelt sympathy. It's hard, I kmow...I've been there. Please stay strong and cherish your memories. Sending peace your way. Love, Michelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#225513 1 year, 7 months ago
DMan, my dad passed away 12-20-12 at the tender age of 66, I was lucky to have never lost an immediate family member until then. They say you only remember the good times and forget the bad.

It's very true.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours
-- smell every flower --
OZA
Senior Boarder

#225514 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Hi friends,

I will update the list asap. My morning was turned upside down today learning my mom passed away last night. She had a surgery done on her neck the day we got back from SF, was recovering at home but never woke up this morning. I think I'm going to puke and this damn flu isn't helping.

Love and light to all...

I'm so sorry man. I'm sort of new on here and I don't think we've really talked, but if you need anything PM me.
perry
Senior Boarder

#225515 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Hi friends,

I will update the list asap. My morning was turned upside down today learning my mom passed away last night. She had a surgery done on her neck the day we got back from SF, was recovering at home but never woke up this morning. I think I'm going to puke and this damn flu isn't helping.

Love and light to all...

Hey,

I am so sorry, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Wishing you all strength.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#225521 1 year, 7 months ago
Mark - I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I will say a prayer for her and my wife promised to pray for her at her temple in the morning. We love you brother!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#225530 1 year, 7 months ago
Mark so so sorry for your loss. Words escape me now but please know you & your family are in our prayers & thoughts. Much love to you, Dear brother!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#225532 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry to hear about your loss so sudden and right after the vacation/holidays... my condolences go out to you and your whole family
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#225549 1 year, 7 months ago
Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
― Mitch Albom

I've only ever lost one person who was close to me. At times the reality of that loss and the empty space in my life comes on so fresh and raw I can barely breathe, as if some invisible hand is mercilessly pressing on my chest. It doesn't seem fair that the only thing certain in life, the only thing we can truly count on, is death (and taxes, right?). Accepting this does not make it any easier. In fact, it makes me fear even more the inevitable losses to come, including leaving this world myself. I can't imagine a better place than this, and have no faith necessarily that there is something after this life. Yet, I think if we use this knowledge to prompt us to truly aspire to be present in our lives, not hold anything back, and look in to the eyes of our loved ones and attempt to see their souls, love will be paramount-not fear or sadness or anger. Having loved and been loved in return keeps those people with us.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#225555 1 year, 7 months ago
I was thinking right after I posted this that it was kind of lame to post in a roll call thread!

Thanks again everyone

And kevin - I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. My mom was only 67 as well. It's so very very hard..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#225557 1 year, 7 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
― Mitch Albom

I've only ever lost one person who was close to me. At times the reality of that loss and the empty space in my life comes on so fresh and raw I can barely breathe, as if some invisible hand is mercilessly pressing on my chest. It doesn't seem fair that the only thing certain in life, the only thing we can truly count on, is death (and taxes, right?). Accepting this does not make it any easier. In fact, it makes me fear even more the inevitable losses to come, including leaving this world myself. I can't imagine a better place than this, and have no faith necessarily that there is something after this life. Yet, I think if we use this knowledge to prompt us to truly aspire to be present in our lives, not hold anything back, and look in to the eyes of our loved ones and attempt to see their souls, love will be paramount-not fear or sadness or anger. Having loved and been loved in return keeps those people with us.

Alison
Great post, when we were at Pigpen's grave I noticed you in a sad reflective moment, were you thinking about your loss?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds