• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Best Furthur show you have seen?

#22820 2 years, 11 months ago
This band is awesome. I have seen them 5 times now (I live in Pac NW and they havn't played around here that much), I did have the pleasure of catching them at MSG in NYC last November.

Anyway, I want to get a good thread going related to FURTHUR. I also want to know which stellar shows to seek out on Archive, particularly now that soundboards are getting posted up there.

So, what are some of the best Furthur shows you have seen?
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Re: Best Furthur show you have seen?

#22822 2 years, 11 months ago
My favorite was Eugene Cuthbert, Sept 17 2010. The vibe, the sound, the rain.. .it all came togehter for a KILLER time. I drove down with another fan friend of mine... and he called a number of songs they played that night. Here comes Sunshine was a great start followed by some awesome renditions of great songs like the full Terrapin suite, St Stephan, Golden Road, etc.. We were blown away and couldn't believe how much fun we had. I also caught remond wa the next night and missed most of first set (Started at 6 PM), but also had a great time with a wonderful Wheel, GDTRFB, Etc..

Second fave was probably MSG in November. I met up with an old college friend whom I hadn;t seen for 10 years and proceeded to get down to a great show! Plus we started with a party cruise ont he hudson befor ethe first show and ended the evening seeing a JGB cover band. What a night.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#22823 2 years, 11 months ago
That's a tough question because it's always changing. I'm going with the best show I've seen is the last one (that would be 4/6/11 ~ Boca Raton)

But an even better show will be the next one (that'll be 7/16/11~ Bethel... unless some magic happens making it posssible to go earlier.)

All three 2011 Broomfield shows were incredible, too.

I love Colorado!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ruby_claire. Reason: less than stellar grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#22825 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm falling more and more in love with the MA show-11-19-2010
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#22832 2 years, 11 months ago
@Abba

I will give it a listen, i'm always looking for recommendations.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
reb
Visitor

#22834 2 years, 11 months ago
I caught lots of good shows (12-8-09 thru 3-27-11), but my number one favorite was 3-25-11 Radio City Music Hall.

First of all the band was just plain hot, hot, hot. Secondly the song selection was really varied & interesting.

I posted the set list because every song was a highlight. The Strummer selection of 'Train in Vain' gave it that extra blast needed to call it a four star performance.

Set One: Jack Straw, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Todeloo > Dark Hallow, Stagger Lee > On The Road Again, Loser, Train In Vain, Might As Well

Set Two: Hard To Handle > Smokestack Lightnin' > Spoonful > Bird Song > The Other One > Spanish Jam > Eyes of the World > Drums > King Solomon's Marbles, Dear Prudence, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Not Fade Away E: Touch of Grey

I have to add that the venue RCMH was the best by far as well. I enjoyed the art deco style and it truly deserves the nickname 'Showplace of the Nation'. It felt good to just enter the building.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by .
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#22838 2 years, 11 months ago
I've downloaded a few of the RCMH shows...
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
CalliopesAndClowns
Junior Boarder
Bobby fans are people too!!!

#22849 2 years, 11 months ago
I would not expect it to be a popular pick, but 3-30-11 in Pittsburgh is my favorite show. I won't even argue for it being the best played show but I had the best time out of the 8 times I've had the chance to see Furthur.

I: Feel Like a Stranger, Till the Morning Comes, Loose Lucy, Pride of Cucamonga, Big River, Althea, Colors of the Rain > Mason's Children
II: Estimated Prophet > Eyes of the World > I Know You Rider, Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The Wheel > So Many Roads > The Other One > Caution > Gimme Some Lovin
E: Brokedown Palace

Pittsburgh is a city I know very well and we were set up seven rows from the stage in the Phil Zone, quite a treat. I enjoyed every note that night but one of the best parts was being close enough to see the band interact with one another on stage and the true group mind it takes to play this music. From the floor it was easy to see how much the band enjoys playing together. Their energy alone is enough to enjoy the night, and the music takes it, well...furthur.

I will never be able to explain the wave that washed over me as Bobby counted off into Estimated to open the second set, or accurately quantify the actual force from a bomb Phil dropped during The Wheel. Really, everything felt and sounded incredibly on-point with a lot of tight jamming throughout both sets. Estimated>Eyes...doesn't get a whole lot cooler, maybe only rivaled on the night by the appropriately timed Big River in terms of unique songs or sequences.

Understood some out there don't appreciate vocals from Phil at times, but listen to the show-closer, Gimmie Some Lovin', and tell me it's not fun. It is.

Just spectacular moments with Bobby, Phil and the band. It's amazing to experience the music and community each time out.
This afternoon, streets turned grey and I watched the cars below
My time coming any day, don't worry 'bout me, no
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by CalliopesAndClowns.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#22851 2 years, 11 months ago
I to have seen 18 shows on the east coast .... 3/27 was the last and Bethal is next.....

a really good show that wasn't mentioned yet was 2/26/10 Mohegan Sun

its hard to pick a favorite, but I might have to go with 3/27/11 but other top picks on mine are 11/19/10 Worcester - 11/20/10 MSG. Last years Vibes was a great show to, allthough the vibe for me that day was kind of killed after my buddy blew me off at the last minute leaving me looking for somebody else and missing most of the day - including Jackie Greene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, Abba
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#22859 2 years, 11 months ago
Chaifetz arena St Louis 2010.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds