• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: Best Furthur show you have seen?

#24262 3 years, 4 months ago
worst part besides no drums > space is no phil solos! seiously like none. wtf? and bobby's spark will not be up to par without Essau or Kansas City. Pull out all the corinnas and maggies farm you want bob...we want the real dead. i do atleast. i miss jerry.....yeah so do i. i miss bobby and he's still standin
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#24268 3 years, 4 months ago
Phil's 70th....not sure if exactly furthur lineup, but still reeling from that one my friend.....some serious boogie-ing
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#24349 3 years, 4 months ago
Damn thats a good one. I would proly have to say the Greek and Vegas shows last September. I wasn't too impressed by the Santa Barbara Show (didn't seem to go that extra mile...almost but not quite). But they brought the heat in La and then i woke up in Nevada (no ticket, no plans, or ride home, turns out I got a lift from a head I met in the Lot who had rented a suite at the Venetian). I haven't been able to listen to the show again but the setlist brought some songs i'd been waiting to hear for a while (The Wheel, BEW, Lucy, Time (the best i've heard so far) and Standing. Almost got busted smoking in the pit but some cool heads pushed in front of me an security and I got away (Thank you much). After party across the street with The Maykers kicked ass, raged face and ended up hitching a ride back to Cali the next day in an old beatup RV that I had to drive in exchange for the lift. (3 shows, 3 days, little sleep and no previous Rv driving expierience made it quite interesting). Who said going to a show alone and ticketless in another state was bad Mojo? Honorable mentions: Furthur Fest (First night took the cake!)
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#24374 3 years, 4 months ago
@Abba, yes about that Mohegan show! I thought it was Iko too but glad to see it was Man Smart. Also a GREAT Foolish in there, like an awesome one.

I've seen eight shows.
Verizon, Manchester NH
Mohegan, CT
Lowell, MA
Nateva, ME
Vibes, CT
Worcester, MA
Orpheum, MA (FRI & SUN)

Verizon was one my favs, still one of the best Deals i've ever heard, ever. Also it was my first show and I didn't know what to expect. Mohegan had some great tunes (ones prev mentioned). Lowell had a lot of "hits" but they were awesome. Nateva was special, loved the set. Vibes was great, but my gf got too drunk and we didn't watch most of the second set! Missed some awesome ones there. I was disappointed in the Worcester set list (wish I could have gone to the MSG shows that weekend). Finally, the Orpheum was sweet. Friday was better than Sunday (they ran out of time on Sunday and just had WBYGN as an encore).

I am torn between Friday Orpheum and Verizon. And Nateva and Vibes.

I love this band though I will say that.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#24392 3 years, 4 months ago
By far my fav
MCU 6-27-2010
Set 1:
01.Intro
02.Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion>
03.Good Lovin'
04.The Music Never Stopped
05.Sugar Magnolia>
06.Dear Mr. Fantasy>
07.Scarlet Begonias>
08.Magnolia Mountain>
09.Uncle John's Band

Set 2:
01.Into
02.Unbroken Chain
03.Let It Grow
04.Fire On the Mountain>
05.The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment
06.Blues For Allah
07.Morning Dew
08.Eyes Of The World
09.Help On The Way>
10.Slipknot>
11.Franklin's Tower
12.Enc break/Donor Rap
13.E: Box Of Rain
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Abba.
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#24396 3 years, 4 months ago
For me it was Thursday night at Cuthbert last Sept. The best post-Jerry GD music I have seen so far...

I: Shakedown Street, The Music Never Stopped, Celebration, Doin That Rag, Big River, Loser, Bertha, Cumberland Blues
II: China Cat Sunflower > Playin in the Band > Dark Star > The Other One > Dark Star > The Other One > Eyes of the World > Black Peter > Not Fade Away
E: Ripple

That second set was outta this world! Just awesome music!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#24430 3 years, 4 months ago
Only been to 4 Furthur shows (Both 2-nite runs in Chicago) and 03-03-10 is still the king, with the 2nd Set of 11-13-10 being right up there as well...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#27402 3 years, 3 months ago
They were called the Grateful Dead, why can't we just be grateful that the ones who aren't dead (RIP Jerry, Pig,Ramrod, Bear) are still here playing for us? Don't understand why someone has to take time out of there day to sign up for an account on Furthur Forum just to bash them, Really? I don't like Lady Gaga but I've never been on her Blog/website/youtube just to bash her. You post Jerry haters trip me out. Why even go to the shows then huh? I always think about an old guy i ran into after a show just lurkin in the shadowsr sayin "it ain't nothin like it used to be, everything's all wrong". He went on to tell me he'd been to every Furthur and Dead show in the past year an a half (after he ripped me apart for being a 24 yo in the scene with a smile on my face, Claiming to have had the best time of life). Don't get it man I've never laughed, smiled, danced and cried so hard in my whole life as I have at the shows but there's always someone trying to tell me I got it all wrong. nothin left to do but smile smile smile...........................
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, DeadHead420
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#27411 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:
I'm falling more and more in love with the MA show-11-19-2010

The 2nd set of that Amherst show is incredible. That was the show that said, OK this band can really get there.

I've seen Furthur about 25 times.

I would vote with Binghamton 3/29 this year and Mann 7/11 last year. Great Great stuff.

Honorable mention UIC, MSG #2, and Phil's B-day. I like Friday Radio City best of the 3, though Sunday was great too. What do I know?
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Cornjulio.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#27453 3 years, 3 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
They were called the Grateful Dead, why can't we just be grateful that the ones who aren't dead (RIP Jerry, Pig,Ramrod, Bear) are still here playing for us? Don't understand why someone has to take time out of there day to sign up for an account on Furthur Forum just to bash them, Really? I don't like Lady Gaga but I've never been on her Blog/website/youtube just to bash her. You post Jerry haters trip me out. Why even go to the shows then huh? I always think about an old guy i ran into after a show just lurkin in the shadowsr sayin "it ain't nothin like it used to be, everything's all wrong". He went on to tell me he'd been to every Furthur and Dead show in the past year an a half (after he ripped me apart for being a 24 yo in the scene with a smile on my face, Claiming to have had the best time of life). Don't get it man I've never laughed, smiled, danced and cried so hard in my whole life as I have at the shows but there's always someone trying to tell me I got it all wrong. nothin left to do but smile smile smile...........................

Word, man. Amen to that. I cant tell ya how many times an older head has put me down bout bein 21 n a deadhead.
Your right, i wasnt around for Jerry, n the rest. But does that mean that i cant love the music. I consider myself a deadhead, for i am a fan of most of the GD incarnations. Ive been listening the GD since i was in a crib, and have only seen ratdog in concert(without hesitation, the best nights of my life). N i LOVE Furthur. Havent been to any shows yet, which will change in like a week n a half.
Whether it be ratdog, furthur,7 walkers, or whatever. There all different and beautiful in their own way. Bringin their own energy & style while remaining true to that core Dead feeling, that we all know n love, young or old, ya dig?
Thats my bit. Sorry if i ranted a wee bit. =-)

P.S. Who all is goin to the shoreline jun 4th show. Forum gathering/smokesesh/shooting of the shit at 4:19 by the Furthur Prankster Bus. Lik 4-5 of us gettin tgether. Anyone else care to join? =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, sgrmagmom
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds