• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sgrmagmom
Fresh Boarder

Re: Best Furthur show you have seen?

#27459 3 years, 5 months ago
My best Furthur show so far has got to be 6/25/10 Highland Bowl in Rochester NY . The venue, the scene, the company and the set! It was SWEET!
Thank you for a real good time!
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#27460 3 years, 5 months ago
Red Rocks 9/26/10, + Broomfield 2/11/11. All the Colorado shows have been stellar.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#27488 3 years, 5 months ago
I also cant even count the amount of times a older head has tried to give me a hard time for being at a show when im 21 years old and telling me theres no way i could be into the dead only being 21 years old. I laugh in there face and say "well i think bobby and phil think otherwise so you can go fuck yourself : )

almost after every show i have been to PHil says in his donor speech that its us heads that are dancing and shakin our bones and the constant flow of new young faces they keep them playing and on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgrmagmom, DeadHead420
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#27489 3 years, 5 months ago
Ive seen Furthur 17 times so far, & (HANDS DOWN) Sunday night RCMH was Thee Best by far....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#27508 3 years, 5 months ago
radio city radio city I hope they come back ,,,It was off the hook every night !!!!!!!!! must of been the roses made me cry it was so beautiful nice rose !!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#53627 3 years, 1 month ago
I've been to plenty, these are my top two:

#12011-03-08
Oakdale Theatre - Wallingford, CT
Set 1: Mississippi Half-Step > Easy Wind, Operator, Oh! Darling (1), Reuben and Cherise, Dark Hollow, Money for Gasoline, Foolish Heart

Set 2: Jam > Hard to Handle > Smokestack Lightning > Spoonful > He's Gone (2) > Lovelight > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Days Between > Eyes of the World > Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Johnny B. Goode
** Anniversary of Pigpen's death, also the night that confirmed they were playing Abbey Road in order **
www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-0...ficial.113042.flac16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22011-03-15
Best Buy Theater - NYC
Set 1: Dancing in the Streets > Loose Lucy > I Need A Miracle, Tennessee Jed, Corrina > Crazy Fingers > So Many Roads, Mason's Children

Set 2: Golden Road (to Unlimited Devotion), Scarlet Begonias > China Cat Sunflower > Ramble on Rose, New Potato Caboose, You Never Give Me Your Money > Sun King > Mean Mr. Mustard > Polythene Pam > She Came in Through the Bathroom Window > Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End , Built to Last > Truckin'

Encore: St. Stephen > Her Majesty
** PHIL LESH'S 70th Birthday, also played entire B-Side of Abbey Road **

Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#53642 3 years, 1 month ago
For me it was MSG 11/20 and last new years. Both those shows rocked it hard. Shorelines were good as were last Red Rocks but MSG was on fire as was NYE.

I'm looking forward to Cuthbert and Red Rocks coming up, as well as the Montana and Utah gigs.
All You Need
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#53668 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm not sure I could even select a favorite playing style, no shot at a favorite show (although I remember Gathering of the vibes 2009 was fun cause the crowd I was with was wild....loads of people came out from behind the stage during the second set - it was magical).

I enjoy when they play the old stuff, not necessarily the st Stephens but the good morning little school girls, etc.

MCU 2009 was also a lot of fun. And surprisingly, I think I enjoyed Jones Beach 2010 as my favorite this summer. For me it's more the crowd than the show that makes it special.

My taste is funny though, sometimes I listen to the recordings and the shows I like are not the best shows musically. I'm sure that is true for a lot of fans.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#53672 3 years, 1 month ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
I also cant even count the amount of times a older head has tried to give me a hard time for being at a show when im 21 years old and telling me theres no way i could be into the dead only being 21 years old. I laugh in there face and say "well i think bobby and phil think otherwise so you can go fuck yourself : )

almost after every show i have been to PHil says in his donor speech that its us heads that are dancing and shakin our bones and the constant flow of new young faces they keep them playing and on the road.

I'm surprised that a real head would say that. IMO if they even think that and give you a hard time too, you should explain to them that they do not "get it". Deadheads are a collective group of freaks and a true head would accept that. Age is not relevant imo, nor is how many times you've seen them, or if you even have "seen the light". It's partially about the music but there is much more. Being caring and understanding and being good people, that's the core of the real deadhead experience imo. And we all let our freak flags fly in our own ways. I go to a show to have fun, and anyone who goes there to bust anyone elses chops has some mental issues imo.

So you are actually the true deadhaed imo and they do not get it. Ironic.

I think I would laugh and walk away if someone gave me shit over anything at a show.

PS - I do know there are plenty of a$$wipes on tour. I had one guy and his friends mess with me at 5 of my 6 shows this summer for dancing in the same area as his daughter. But he was a dick about it, I think he just wanted to fight or something. I tried to reason with the guy, I asked him who he wanted me to stay away from. He just got in my face and spit on me. So I walked away (I don't like to fight, I have no ego and I was not getting thrown out over this assholle. I sort of think macho man thought he was a big shot in front of his friends (or he had big beer muscles). He could have resolved the whole things with words but he chose to instill his will on me and some other women he was also messing with for dancing too close for HIS liking. Anyway, I do believe Karma will get him. And I refuse to stoop to being and a$$ just because someone else is. I have more respect for people (and myself) than that.

Now if you are talking about people in Texas, that may be different smiley. From what little I know Texas is a world unto itself - lots of guns, etc. I hear from my brother in Austin that that crowd at deadeye is really nice. Keep your chin up and F any a-holes. Karma will get them.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by scar1et_f1re.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds