• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lazy-Lightnin
Fresh Boarder
One way or the other this darkness got to give

Re: ROLL CALL - Red Rocks 2013

#283541 1 year, 1 month ago
Our bags are mostly packed for tomorrow afternoon's flight from Portland, OR. Weather Report looking good in the Wake of The Flood. Hoping for both songs on Thursday with Branford!
It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#283619 1 year, 1 month ago
[quote="SunshineSue" post=283533But I sure wouldn't mind a post-show gathering one night (or more) on their back patio, perhaps with some acoustic jamming, even if folks aren't staying there. Hopefully we can work something out!

I'm planning on being in the lot much earlier in the afternoon the other days. We'll be parked in the upper South handicapped lot, right by the south ramp. However, I'll head down to the lower south if there's any kind of FFF gathering. Let's all keep in touch via this thread and texts. Maybe we can even set a time for a group shot, if it works out for everyone. I'm hoping the flag will be flying somewhere out there! :)[/quote]

Hay Sue RoadTripper will be bringing the Golden Arrow in the LOT Thursday and Saturday I'll ask him to park in the lower south lot for a Gathering.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#283659 1 year, 1 month ago
^^Hey Turtle (and road tripper), the lower south is where they make the RVs park.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#283685 1 year, 1 month ago
Everybody be safe on the way to Colorado. We'll see ya tomorrow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Longmont
Junior Boarder
spent a little time on the hill

#283692 1 year, 1 month ago
I have some really basic questions about Red Rocks/Furthur, hope I can put them here... Thanks in advance for any replies.

Is Shakedown Street still a thing? I was just wondering if I could expect a lot of vendors.
How early do the lines start forming? I am going GA and want to be ready.
I know about the RR tarp ban, but should I bring a blanket? I'm going alone and have never went GA at Red Rocks before. What should I expect?
I am having my ride pick me up around midnight, based on past shows, is this appropriate?

It's been so long since I have been to anything GD related... I have goosebumps right now thinking about the show. Looking forward to enjoying the music with all of you and I would love to meet up with people and make new friends if fresh boarders are welcome. Stay safe everybody and thanks again for any help with my questions.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#283697 1 year, 1 month ago
^^^I'm getting goosebumps hearing about your goosebumps, I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! You are going to love these shows, Longmont!!

To answer your questions, at least the best I can: There is a Shakedown in the lower South Lot, as well as vendors walking around. However, I have a vague recollection that Shakedown was broken up at one point, can anyone confirm or deny that for me??

The line for GA starts, in chairs and with grills, between 12 and 1 for the super early birds. If you're going solo and not saving seats, I'm thinking you probably don't need to be in line that early, though. But I'd be waiting there no later than 4 or 5 for sure. You can bring a blanket, but if you're not saving seats you probably don't need it.

I'm hoping the FFF flag will be flying somewhere in the South lots, it would be great if the location was posted here so folks know. See you all out there!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Longmont
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#283699 1 year, 1 month ago
I just waved good-bye to our buddy that's driving out to Red Rocks (crazy fool!). He's bringing his acoustic bass and Dave's acoustic guitar. I'd love to have some parking lot jams, and I'm also going to propose a Friday night, post-show jam on the patio behind the Marriott Courtyard in Golden. This worked well last year, and I'm hoping the staff will be just as accommodating this year. So GKB, AmusingDeva/David, gvanman, Griff and anyone else who would like to join in on some music and fun after the show, come on over!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing as many people as possible this trip, without spending as much time with my nose in my phone texting as I did last year. I'm planning on seeing Phred, Griff and stranger on Thursday, if all goes well. Then the rest of the days, I'll head down to the lower lot if it looks like there's a gathering there (I'd appreciate a call if you can, DM!), otherwise I'll see folks in the upper lot, inside or after-hours at the Courtyard. This is going to be a blast!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, TMax, Phred
TMax
Senior Boarder

#283706 1 year, 1 month ago
I'm just headed out to the airport in Albany NY to make my way to a little piece of heaven! Sure hope I get to meet some of you good folks! I'll be looking for the flag and if the Marriot thing goes off, I'd love to join in.

I heard some places in Golden didn't have running water... any truth to that?
You can't get lost when you're always found...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#283749 1 year, 1 month ago
^^^Hope you had an easy flight, TMax!! I'd love to see you Friday night at the Courtyard, if not in the lot before then. I'll post here on Friday if anything changes (and PM you my cell number), but at this point you can assume at least a couple of us, hopefully more, will be on the patio behind the indoor pool, guitars and wind-down medication in hand, and with the welcome mat out! You may have to walk around the outside of the hotel to get to it or call me to come get you if the pool room is locked, which it should be by then. It was a nice spot to hang back there, and we didn't get asked to tone it down until we brought out the bass amp.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#283759 1 year, 1 month ago
I'm here. It's been a crazy trip.

the trip to Denver was easy, but getting from the airport to the hotel took four hours.

Atleast I'm here.

PS - Thank you!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds