• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
pink11
Platinum Boarder

Re: PARADISE WAITS ROLL CALL

#303099 7 months, 1 week ago
After an insane line to check in we got a room and the Seahawks won! This place is pretty incredible. We are at a steak restaurant now and then off to wander around. Beach looks cool and awesome moon!
Paradise found!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, PMoondancer , Strider1, Molly Leigh, GratefulRose
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#303100 7 months, 1 week ago
I'll look thru the posts and if I see the link. I will add to Kevin's thread under show reviews. I won't be much help after Monday afternoon as we are going up to the mountains where connectivity is a crap shoot. Bad timing on our part.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#303101 7 months, 1 week ago
Mixed experiences for folks, some with no trouble, some with a lot. Unfortunately we're in the latter category now. Cross your fingers tomorrow they can find us the type of room we were supposed to have!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Equinox, PMoondancer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#303120 7 months, 1 week ago
I'd take half my money back and miss the show to leave and go up the coast to Maroma where we last stayed. 2 am knock at door, guest below us saying water pouring in their bathroom and shower ceiling had collapsed. That actually made me go from disgusted to amused a little. At least our room is clean, but no phone, no fridge no towels no terrace no jacuzzi, and breakfast right now borders on inedible. Sun is out though!

Add just discovered omlet bar, that was OK. Also heard two more war stories, one bugs, one bring given room someone else was in. Gotta try and just go with it. Never had s super bad vacation experience to talk about, guess this might be it!! Hope shows are good!
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by SunshineSue.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#303121 7 months, 1 week ago
I feel sorry for all you folks who paid so much to be there only to be disappointed like that, try to make the best of it everybody !
it'll be better tonight when the music starts !
think how embarrassed phil and bobby and the rest of the band probably are. i hope no one treats them like it's their fault.
the hotel people need to get on the ball !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#303126 7 months, 1 week ago
Well the first days are the hardest days, don't you worry any more

Sounds like it can only get better

I posted the stream links over on Show Review

((((Stream)))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#303127 7 months, 1 week ago
Hope it somehow gets better. But everyone saying " If I were there.. I would .. " Easy for everyone else to say that. They didnt drop the time, money, effort and energy into this vacation. Especially people that do not do many shows or whole festies at all. I'm sure its easy for those people to look at there 60 or 100 $ ticket and say. this isnt so bad. Maybe they'll make up next time for it. - Guess that' s another topic in itself hahah

Thanks for Link IslandHead. (This is why I complained to lock'n about the treatment last year. If people act like all is good and we/they can handle all the mistakes and it doesn't bother../ nothing will be/get fixed)
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#303131 7 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for the link see you tonight

Hope things get better down in Mexico, but when Furthur starts up nothing else will matter.

Happy MLK Day
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#303135 7 months, 1 week ago
Slept lousy but woke up to awesome sunshine, average room service, but hey coffee, juice, fruit, eggs, it worked. Lots of hot water. Jacuzzi and shower in room both worked good. With all the horror stories I think we are lucky our room is ok and HUGE thanks to William who juiced us out with his tickets. I am not telling anyone to jump on a plane but it looks pretty easy to sneak anyone in here no problem. A little orange wrist band and I would say you are good . Place is huge! Across from our room I just spotted a roof top deck which I ran across the grass to investigate. A big iguana surprised me on the stairs. Deck is unbelievable with commanding view of everything AND you can see the stage from a side angle.

Honey is off looking for swag I am guessing.
Very DRY climate is my only slight issue at moment.

I was only in Mexico once before for full solar eclipse in. 91, I remember lots of flowers and bougainvillea which this place lacks. But this place has a big stage in the middle where Furthur will grace is for next. 4 nights so that is tough to beat. I am really happy and feel lucky to be here. Also I have never been at an ALL deadhead hotel. Pretty Grate! Honey just got back and said they are setting up merchant and there is a cool purple shirt.

I plan to be beading under one of those thatched umbrellas by the lagoon if anyone wants to stop by and say hi. Look for hanging sparkly crystal things.

Will post pics when I get back to fla.
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by pink11. Reason: Tmi
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#303164 7 months, 1 week ago
Anybody here with a car who wants to drive into town for supplies please pm me.
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds