• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: "when was your first show son?"

#34390 3 years, 2 months ago
madison square garden in 83 when they brought back st stephan.i was hooked saw shows every year after that till jerry died then stopped till furthur spring tour this year now im back like i never left saw 4 shows spring tour got tickets for 5 summer tour and almost every show from spring burned onto disc,missing 2 shows.to all you younger guys yeah it sucks ya missed jerry but your here now having a good time so enjoy the trip,unless you were at the acid tersts someone always has more time under their belt,I thank God that the boys didnt mind everyone recording and freely trading tapes/music all these years.i saw other shows before the dead my first show was KISS at the garden i was 9 years old my mom took me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, DeadHead420
Playdead419
Junior Boarder

#34391 3 years, 2 months ago
My first good concert was little feat too with my dad and brother... seeing them play a free show this weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#34398 3 years, 2 months ago
2 things first here's the setlist for the Stones 9/25/81 (tour opener)...they also played 9/26 in Philly couldn't find a setlist for Buffalo but this is pretty darn close to what I remember:

09/25/81 (Fri) John F. Kennedy Stadium - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Under My Thumb, When The Whip Comes Down, Neighbours, Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me), Shattered, Let's Spend The Night Together, Black Limousine, She's So Cold, Time Is On My Side, Beast Of Burden, Waiting On A Friend, Let It Bleed, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Tops, Tumbling Dice, Hang Fire, Let Me Go, Little T & A, Start Me Up, Miss You, Honky Tonk Woman, All Down The Line, Brown Sugar, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Street Fighting Man, E: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I remember being really psyched they played Let it Bleed. Good times!!!!

2nd thing as MSG posted above here is a classic story. My first show was also KISS in 1977 ( I was 12) my friends dad drove us down and picked us up--Civic Arena Pittsburgh. Anyway as we were walking out one of the ahem "locals" was calling out who needs reefer. Then looks at us and says you boys need some reefer. Neither of us had a clue what he was talkin about...looking at him like clueless idiots he says "my go what planet are you 2 from" 2 yrs later I had it all figured out
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#34414 3 years, 2 months ago
Wembley, England. Europe 72 tour. I just am so happy that this beautiful music continues to span the generations. So so good for everyone. I love the energy of the latest GD lovers - keep it flowing forever. & the joy is that the band recorded Everything! So we can all enjoy Harpur College. Set the precedent for other bands in so many ways.

As far as GD nazis, I think the name 'snob' is suitable for those. When I saw them in Wembley - I met Americans on the tour (Im British) who felt that I got on the bus tooo late! the best was already over. Ha ha ha! somehow I managed to enjoy their music up to and including now.

I love the GD Grateful Dead and all their spinoffs.
*pict groover*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, JStraw, DeadHead420, SunshineSue
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#34420 3 years, 2 months ago
Norfolk Scope 1982.

I was in the Navy and had the night off. We would go downtown a lot, there were bars there, pool tables etc. One night we heard there was a concert at the scope. Being curious and looking for some fun thing to do, we went. It was fun. I remember walking around back and watching Mickey play the beast. We weren't part of the scene, but we also weren't to surprised. We didn't see how beautiful it was.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34437 3 years, 2 months ago
2002-07-10 darien lake performing arts center darien center ny

Set 1: Jam> Alabama Getaway> Jam> Tennessee Jed> Rock 'n' Roll Blues> Jam> Sunshine of Your Love> Mountain Jam> Doin' That Rag, Lay of the Sunflower> Jam> *Casey Jones

Set 2: Passenger> The Real Thing> Jam> Brown Eyed Women> Eyes of the World> King Solomon's Marbles> Stronger Than Dirt> Jam> Midnight Hour> Smokestack Lightning> Midnight Hour

E: Ramble On Rose> Into The Mystic
*Mickey on cow bell
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34439 3 years, 2 months ago
^^^that was phil lesh and friends
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
skyties
Junior Boarder

#34444 3 years, 2 months ago
Colt Park-Hartford, CT 8/2/1976 and still truckn' Furthur on.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#34447 3 years, 2 months ago
9-26-81. Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. Yikes! 30 years went by quick.
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#34477 3 years, 2 months ago
10-16-80 Nassau Coliseum....memorialized 30 years later as the Go to Nassau release.

My first concert ever was the Village People and Sister Sledge!!!!! 300 Dead and Dead related shows later but I never saw the Village People twice.
Time to create page: 1.31 seconds