• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Went to a blues festival in Pomeroy this weekend

#53311 3 years, 1 month ago
If you know anything about Pomeroy is that its a very small town in Meigs county. A bunch of us camped out this weekend and listened to some really excellent blues bands. It was free admission and free camping. I'm still recuperating a little bit, 20 some beers and three hours sleep doesn't work well with me anymore.
The festival has grown in size over the last few years, I think this is the fourth one. The guy owns 400 acres or so and jams on the harmonica. My friend's wife sings in the Magic Mama Band listed on that link and they really got the crowd wound. One guy later on decided to walk around the grounds just wailing on his guitar.
Gonna take the kids next year, had to check it out first.
Later on, we invited some band members over and they played till about 4:30 in the morning at our campsite - hence the three hours sleep. You know, it was so nice to know there are people out there that just love music. It was nice to talk music with people, and it was really cool, the owner of this farm doesn't want any money, he rents spots to local vendors and such and then he pays the bands travel money from the money collected. That is rare.

\www.foothillsmusic.org/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Went to a blues festival in Pomeroy this weekend

#53312 3 years, 1 month ago
James Armstrong was the guitarist who walked through the crowd. Hell, I kept forgetting he wasn't on stage.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: Went to a blues festival in Pomeroy this weeke

#53342 3 years, 1 month ago
Sounds like a really cool scene.

I like gigs like that until they get so well known that the greed takes over.

Hope it goes on all chill for a long time:)
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds