• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#127676 2 years, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67, Are you posting from your computer, or from the internet? I can post pictures from the internet,
but not directly from my computer. Which I used to be able to do. I get around that by first uploading to my photo
bucket account, then pasting the link here. Still I don't understand why we can't post directly from our computers,
like we used to. Also, I was having some compatibility issues with IE9. I've switched to Google Chrome, and that has
fixed some of those issues.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#127744 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks Chester. I always uploaded the pictures from my computer. I've never upload a photo from the internet. I stuck with what I knew how to do. lol

But if I was to post pictures from the Internet I would put the picture link in the attach picture URL box?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#127775 2 years, 6 months ago
It's a little different. In "Boardcode" in the reply box, there's a red "button" above the Smileys. Click that,
and paste the URL where prompted, then click "insert". That posts the image. Basically the same way you
post a YouTube video. If you just put your cursor over it, it says "Image Link".
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#128032 2 years, 6 months ago
Moderator wrote:
Hi, we are looking into the image issue.

I think you know we appreciate all that you do around here, but it's been quite awhile, and pictures still can't be posted as they were before and many long-time, favorite threads (you've been sent the specific links) still aren't working. Can you tell us if you're still working on this issue, perhaps what the problem is, and if there is hope that this will be resolved? Thanks very much for whatever information and help you can provide!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#128053 2 years, 6 months ago
direwolflove222 wrote:
hey guys... I am having trouble deleting a post I made...

I like my topic, but it wont let me post my message... not sure why, so I want to delete it, but dont know how?

Pics uploaded from your pc and some outside links are probably the problem. If you remove them the post will likely be visible. Not a great solution but a work around for the moment. Chesters suggestions (photobucket, etc) may also help with your issues.

Good luck!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130963 2 years, 5 months ago
Just wanted to mention that it's getting even more difficult for some of us (well at least me..) to post any attachments. I used to be able to at least get youtube videos to be inserted in a post but no longer.

Thanks for all that you do. If you can help, well the pictures and other attachments really do add to the fun here. But we'll have a blast no matter what!

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#132133 2 years, 5 months ago
Maybe everyone else knew about this alternate way to post pictures, but I didn't, so I thought I'd share, given the technical problems we're having on the Forum at the moment:
Right click on any image on the web, then, from that menu, if in Firefox, click "view image info" then a box with a bunch of url's will pop up, with one highlighted (if using IE, go to "Properties" and the url is listed as "address" in that box). Copy and paste that url into the "URL" box that will pop up after hitting the red "image link" icon in the boardcode section here and click insert. Voila, picture! You can't resize it, that I know of, but it's a work around and saves hard drive space for pics you want to post but don't need to keep. Thanks Chester for that trick!!

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.

#132320 2 years, 5 months ago
Hi All, We are aware of the attachment issue and are still working to fix it without affecting other parts of the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, PMoondancer , Warlock, ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#132456 2 years, 5 months ago
Thank you, we appreciate the update, and of course the effort!

ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#132540 2 years, 5 months ago
Yes, thank you to the people that make this all work.

Can we reorginize the Fan Connect tab into a couple of sub sections?

i.e Tickets/Rides>Local Connections>SHAKE DOWN.....would really love to see people be able to share their art/goods they may have for trade/sale with our community.

Thank You
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#132881 2 years, 5 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

Can we reorginize the Fan Connect tab into a couple of sub sections?

i.e Tickets/Rides>Local Connections>SHAKE DOWN.....would really love to see people be able to share their art/goods they may have for trade/sale with our community.

Thank You

I suggested a Shakedown forum a couple of months ago. I guess it wasn't well received. Or maybe you couldn't figure how to
incorporate the idea into the board. ecojaded makes a worthy suggestion as to how it might be accomplished. I would like to
lend my support to this.
Link to my original request. www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...mit=20&start=260
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#133991 2 years, 5 months ago
Anytime I try to post a link, it shows a blank post. Not only does the link not show up, but the rest of the whole post doesn't show up either! Any post with a link shows up blank. What gives?

www.fathomevents. com/concerts/event/gratefuldead2012.aspx It only works if I break the link by putting a space in it where it doesn't belong...
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by GratefulDad420.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#137265 2 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I think this has been addressed, but I hadn't seen any new posts regarding images missing from posts in a while. I'm
specifically siting the 'post your artwork' thread. I posted a bunch of images, as did others, and they're now missing.
Is this due to their taking up too much storage?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#138755 2 years, 5 months ago
Moderator wrote:
Hi All, We are aware of the attachment issue and are still working to fix it without affecting other parts of the site.

Any chance of an update on the status of the technical issues? It's not just pictures that are problematic, even a simple link from archive.org won't post most of the time. It would be very helpful to know if these issues are reparable, or if we're just going to have to live without some of the posting options we've enjoyed in the past. Thanks much!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#138904 2 years, 5 months ago
PLEASE BAN this guy Charles Baer (I think that's it or close) for life. Guy is a disruptive dark cloud and we're tired of asking him to show respect in our home.

Here's one of his treads. Feel free to pm any regulars, they'll tell you all about this guy. I have no agenda with anyone, Charles may be a great guy, but he will not stop his hurtful games.

Here's one of his lighter threads. There are some real winners if you check out his posts. www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...l-i-t-o-r-i-s-of-god

Thank you kind sir (or lady ). Our great and powerful oz.

-peace to you and yours, and thank you once more for all you do for us.

PS, are PM's better for this kind of stuff?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, will work for doses
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#142690 2 years, 4 months ago
to whom it may concern the site is runnning super slow i thought it was due to the show last nite but today its still super slow,i know its not on my end because every other site is loading fast
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#144241 2 years, 4 months ago
April 9th. 3:30 in the afternoon. And the board is running really slow. Just FYI.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#144497 2 years, 4 months ago
couldnt access the board last nite
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#144595 2 years, 4 months ago
Moderator wrote:

Dear Moderator,

It looks like you haven't had a chance to sign in to the site since this post almost a month ago. So perhaps you're not aware of the many, many emails that have been sent and gone unanswered to the support folks. Perhaps you're also not aware of the horribly slow speed that the Forum is running at currently, and always does during show times, when folks most want to use the Forum. It would be very helpful to get some kind of response and information from someone about why the Forum is having so many problems and whether or not there's actually someone working to solve them. It's very hard to believe that the band would want their community of fans treated so poorly. Thanks for anything you can do to remedy this situation or just provide us with an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , wlewis, ecojaded
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#147919 2 years, 4 months ago
please fix the speed of this site. it's so slow that it is deterring people from wanting to even log on or visit.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
Time to create page: 2.23 seconds