• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

Re: Hey, Gang-

#6976 3 years, 7 months ago
Lynx wrote:
bitzer87 wrote:
crackin me up that people are still posting on this thread.

Keep laughing then, Hypocrite.

Just kidding ya!

lol. keep the posts coming.
Lynx
Visitor

#6978 3 years, 7 months ago
This thread was started by Phil Lesh, therefore it gives this fledgling board instant credibility. It needs to be bumped every now and then.
Mimsabella
Fresh Boarder

#7013 3 years, 7 months ago
Incredibly excited about this, Phil! Beside myself with anticipation! Yay Fairfax!!!! WOW!!!!
OsoRojo
Junior Boarder

#7048 3 years, 7 months ago
Lynx wrote:
This thread was started by Phil Lesh, therefore it gives this fledgling board instant credibility. It needs to be bumped every now and then.

seeing as how this is the OFFICIAL FURTHUR BOARD I think it had "instant credibility" from the get-go and would have it regardless if ANY band members ever posted here. The board is only as credible as the posts it contains, and so far I think this board has a LONG way to go

I already see folks getting all into themsleves here cause of "I talked to Phil" mentality. Phil's biggest advice to Jackie Greene was "don't read the chat boards" so I find it uniquely ironic that Phil is all into it now that he has one of his own. hey we all change...

and besides. Phil and Jill and other musicians been dropping into other's chat boards for years folks....
JerryVW.jpg
jimgrice80
Fresh Boarder

#7057 3 years, 7 months ago
Good news to hear you'll be back in September up here in Oregon!!!
It was an unbelievable tour to end last Summer. It is fitting to have Furthur in the land where Ken and the bus landed.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#7071 3 years, 7 months ago
Hey Jim!
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Greatnorthspecial
Junior Boarder

#7208 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks Phil and Jill,

Sorry I missed this thread but your Terrapin Landing project in Marin sounds terrific. I know it will be well supported by the community.

The Elvis Costello story was great and unexpected. I was fortunate to see this show from the first row just behind the Pit on your side of the stage. A seven year old boy and his father were on my right. They stayed till the very last encore. What a treat to see EC and Diana Krall with Further and Larry Campbell. I have seen EC many times since the mid 80's and I don't think I ever saw him that enthusiastic, which says a lot because he always puts on a great show. It is a treat to see musicians where you can clearly tell the enjoyment of the music is the primary driver of their efforts.

I was also lucky to catch the Bear Trubute and the Biithday Abbey Road Medley at Best Buy. That Medley may be my favorite piece of recorded music. Joe and Jeff are incredible musicians and John seems to be expanding his horizons. I thought my first show at Hammerstein in 2009 was good but this band has progressed way beyond those initial shows.

Thanks again and continue to Let It Grow...

GreatNorthSpecial in Connecticut
Lynx
Visitor

#7210 3 years, 7 months ago
"I already see folks getting all into themsleves here cause of "I talked to Phil" mentality."

Didn't mean to imply that at all. Posting some dumb shit on the the internet and actually meeting, and really talking to a person are totally different. Given.

"Phil's biggest advice to Jackie Greene was "don't read the chat boards" so I find it uniquely ironic that Phil is all into it now that he has one of his own. hey we all change..."

That's interesting. Perhaps there's a difference between an artist that is performing live, improvisational music on stage and the fan base that pays to see the band perform said music. I can see why if you were in JG's place you might not want to get caught up in the minutia of the chat rooms. But for the purposes of generating a heathy base of concert-going fans it does pay to stop by and whip up "internet street cred" if you will.
Ker-Bear
Fresh Boarder

#17059 3 years, 6 months ago
The idea of TL is causing quite a stir in our lil' ol town right now. No one knows a thing of course, but I just want to say that if the rumors are true......you have incredible community support from local merchants and residents alike.....DO NOT LET the squeaky wheels Derail this Dream....b/c it would be a DREAM and PRIVILEGE to have something like this in our community and most of us do realize this !
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds