• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Philharmonia 2011

#101168 2 years, 10 months ago
Short clip from 12/18/2011 - Unbroken Chain Foundation's Philharmonia benefit. Playing "Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons.
Featuring: Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Jackie Greene, Grahame Lesh, Brian Lesh, Jordan Levine, and Jonathan Levine. I hope we get some more videos soon, If so I will add them on.

wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Philharmonia 2011

#101176 2 years, 10 months ago
i was really hoping someone from the board went, but no one did a show review or even a thread about it. if i was in CA i'd be there in a heartbeat.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#101224 2 years, 10 months ago
it was my 1st time going to Philharmonia and a good time was had by all. unfortunately, no recording was allowed. i learned after the event that the "no recording" decision was made without the band's knowledge and was in conflict with the band's wishes. i also heard through the grapevine that the band was not happy when it learned after the show that taper's were shut down at the entrance. anyway, despite the fact that taping wasn't allowed, it was still a great event. here's the setlist...

Sugar Magnolia
New Speedway Boogie
Big River
Peggy-O
Bring You Down
Never Satisfied
Uncle John’s Band
Acadian Driftwood
Deep Elem Blues
Cumberland Blues
Sigh No More
The Wheel
Franklin’s Tower (Jackie Greene on lead vocals)
Goin’ Down The Road Feeling Bad
Brokedown Palace
Angel Band
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#101277 2 years, 10 months ago
Relix just put this up. 3rd clip is cut. This is with Phils kids too??

www.relix.com/blogs/picks-and-pans/2011/...f-mumford-sons-cover

Bob Weir, Phil Lesh and Sons "Franklin’s Tower," "Uncle John’s" (and a Taste of Mumford & Sons Cover)

Here are a few clips from Phil Lesh’s annual Philharmonia event which took place at San Francisco, CA’s Bay Area Women’s & Children’s Center on Sunday.

!

!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, GratefulDad420
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#101314 2 years, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Relix just put this up. 3rd clip is cut. This is with Phils kids too??

yes, Phil's sons played the whole set.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#101436 2 years, 10 months ago
hey t glad to hear you were there. my friend went last year and loved it. too bad about the recording snafu

saw the ramble with phil and both sons were playing with him it was beautiful. russo larry campbell and theresa jackie, levon came in it was really something else. played a few of the same tunes notably including acadian driftwood and the mumford and sons one. sighs no more?

what was the full lineup this yr?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#101455 2 years, 10 months ago
Here is the review that a friend sent to me. There are a few typos, and it also says that Phil's sons only sat in for a few songs. This is incorrect... they played the whole set.

Review:

Phil Lesh hosted his annual Philharmonia event at San Francisco, CA’s Bay Area Women’s & Children’s Center yesterday afternoon. Lesh performed with a core band that included Bob Weir on guitar and vocals as well as Jackie Greene on keyboards and vocals. Greene also played banjo on a few numbers, including “Big River,” “Uncle John’s Band,” “Cumberland Blues” and “The Wheel.” In addition, led the ensemble through his own “Never Satisfied.” Jonathan Levine, Jordan Levine and Leena Culhane also backed the musicians during the afternoon performance.
The Grateful Dead bassist’s sons Brian and Lesh also sang on a few songs during the show, including “Bring You Down,” The Band’s “Acadian Driftwood” and Mumford & Sons’ “Sigh No More.” The Lesh family introduced the latter two covers during a recent performance at Levon Helm’s Midnight Ramble. The show came to a close with a choice version of The Stanley Brothers’ “Angel Band.”
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#101522 2 years, 10 months ago
weirs solo during the franklins is funny, seconds of clarity mixed in with screech..graham even takes a whack in there, great to see him playing, brian too.. they must feel blessed to be jamming with not only their father but bobby..
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#104240 2 years, 10 months ago
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#104684 2 years, 10 months ago
Acadian Driftwood??!! oh mani don't even remember hearin about this show. Wish you could have got your rig in there taperT but at least you made it in. And btw is there anyhting Jackie Greene can't do?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds