• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

Re: Levon Helm and Arlo Guthrie Anti Fracking Benefit

#17886 2 years, 12 months ago
bump....
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#17950 2 years, 12 months ago
wht th hay is fracking?
FURTHUR FOREVER......LONG LIVE THE DEAD
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#18024 2 years, 12 months ago
everyone knows who Arlo and Levon are but the Horseshoe Lounge Playboys are pretty damn fun and a really good band as well. We have a couple friends in that band and it's great to see them get on that bill with those two powerhouses.

There will be another Anti Fracking rally in Binghamton as well and YOLK will be headlining that show. So far we've done well to keep it out and the State has done a lot to get more testing done before destroying one of the last good water sheds in the country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicMagic
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#18073 2 years, 12 months ago
niarfoxob wrote:
wht th hay is fracking?

There are probably more eloquent folks on this forum who could do better but since I posted feel like I should at least respond to you and if you google it you will get a truckload of info.

"fracking" is short for hydraulic fracturing- it is a really nasty ugly way to rape the land and blast horizontally through shale to extract natural gas using toxic chemicals mixed with water. It is land warfare, it kills water and ruins people's wells- excellent movie called Gasland www.gaslandthemovie.com- that goes into detail but in a really great way -seeing tapwater catch on fire is a pretty memorable image... Probably more than you wanted to hear, I will stop cuz i am teetering on a rant...

This is a crazy short explanation- bottom line- the gas companies are exempt from the clean air and water act (brought to us by Dickhead Cheney) which means they can pump this shit in and don't have to tell us what it is. So far NYS has kept it out (see posts above,) but they are beating at our doors-having this benefit with Levon,Arlo, etc. is really awesome.
Thanks for asking- loving the cool clear flowing water here in upstate NY-
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18129 2 years, 12 months ago
Nupsdog wrote:
everyone knows who Arlo and Levon are but the Horseshoe Lounge Playboys are pretty damn fun and a really good band as well. We have a couple friends in that band and it's great to see them get on that bill with those two powerhouses.

There will be another Anti Fracking rally in Binghamton as well and YOLK will be headlining that show. So far we've done well to keep it out and the State has done a lot to get more testing done before destroying one of the last good water sheds in the country.
when the Bing thing happens or is gonna happen let me know please im an hour away i would like to attend
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds