• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Tedeschi-Trucks Band Tour Dates!!!

#161279 2 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

Believe me, I know. I've seen him several times with ABB and Phil. And actually, technically I could go, but it's just not the right thing to do. But I'm still a little whiny about it.

I hear your pain. They will be in Portland, a mere 2 hours away, but I already have plans since its Father's Day plus it is at the Schnitz - a beautiful venue (like the Beacon) with really spendy tickets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#161342 2 years, 4 months ago
Big fan of TTB here! They have new 2 CD live set ($10.99 from Amazon) which is so good it makes me want more. The woman has a voice that is part Bonnie, part Janis and part Aretha; just blows me away. One of the best concerts I've seen.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#161465 2 years, 4 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

Believe me, I know. I've seen him several times with ABB and Phil. And actually, technically I could go, but it's just not the right thing to do. But I'm still a little whiny about it.

I hear your pain. They will be in Portland, a mere 2 hours away, but I already have plans since its Father's Day plus it is at the Schnitz - a beautiful venue (like the Beacon) with really spendy tickets.

Looks like we can get a pretty nice consolation prize with the iclips webcast of TTB from Mountain Jam on Sunday. Yippee!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#161658 2 years, 4 months ago
Saw them a few years ago at Harvest in Freddy Beach and it was really sweet. Going to see them again at the same festival this September and really looking forward to it. See them if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#162849 2 years, 4 months ago
I can't believe they are coming to Oregon and I am missing it. Already had plans with friends & tickets to see John Fogerty that night.

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by amusingdeva.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#163225 2 years, 4 months ago
that atlanta date with BB King is calling my name....BB King and Derek Trucks two of my favorite live performers
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#164561 2 years, 4 months ago
saw them at the paramount. a great show, musically diverse with some good jams. loved the horn section--some wayoutsville soloing. the rhythm section was tight too and kind of stole the show i thought--got into some deep funky grooves. i'd never seen derek trucks before and was obsessed with his playing after a while, trying to figure out what he was doing with his right hand. also susan tedeschi is H-O-T. she was wearing some spike heels with a sort of ankle bracelet thing around the ankle at the top? she changed into a more sensible pump when she had to work the Wah Wah--which is completely understandable. i think she changed from a skirt and top into a dress too as well at that point (WhTF not, eh?)--not too sure, as i was up in the balcony. and there was an older couple beside me playing where's waldo (carmen sandiego?) so i got a bit distracted by that. she, susan that is not the woman of the couple beside me, plays a mean git-tar and stomps her feet while playing--i was unaware of this endearing trait. i am smitten.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#164562 2 years, 4 months ago
oh yeah. at one point i was chanting "german in italian, german in italian" quietly as a mantra (during everybody's talkin' the fred neil classic)
Lemon
Fresh Boarder

#164691 2 years, 4 months ago
I saw them twice at the Harvest Jazz and Blues fest 2 years ago when they filled in for Gregg Allman, can't wait to see them again this year, thats gonna be a busy week.

Tuesday - John Fogerty and Lukas Nelson & The Promise of the Real
Wednesday - Joel Plaskett Emergency or Keb' Mo'
Thursday - Rusted Root and Bruce Hornsby
Friday - Avett Brothers, Tedeschi Trucks Band and Jaimoe's Jasssz Band
Saturday - John Mayall and the Royal Southern Brotherhood

Can't wait for September
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#164758 2 years, 4 months ago
need more California dates. i'm surprised there is nothing in the immediate SF Bay Area.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds