• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
reb
Visitor

Jackie Greene playing in Fairfield CT 5/3/11

#19056 3 years, 4 months ago
Jackie Green is playing a solo show at the Fairfield Theatre in Fairfield CT on Tuesday, May 3rd, at the Stage One venue (less than 300 seats) @ $17 ticket. (Of course it is sold out).

fairfieldtheatre.org/

I cannot wait to see him live for the first time.

I have been listening to his albums in preparation and of course I am familiar with his work with Phil Lesh and Friends.

I find his songwriting to be very moving with interesting themes and in one song he references Cassius Clay. On the cd's I have heard, his performance style is honestly sincere.

The Fairfield Theatre also has a venue called the Klein which is a bit larger and hosts acts like the upcoming Dweezil Zappa ($35-$57).

The Fairfield Theatre is Well worth checking out. It is located next to the Fairfield CT Train Station on the New Haven Line of the Metro North Railroad. I catch an express train from Grand Central Station to Fairfield and arrive in 60 minutes. It also has trains returning to GCS after the show, but it takes a bit longer at that time of night without the benefit of express trains.

Fairfield is a quaint little town with good restaurants and it also has reasonable overnight accommodations at the Fairfield Motor Inn (modest but clean). I discovered it because my mother lives in Fairfield.

I can't imagine that he isn't playing at a larger venue in Manhattan. He will be the next time around I am sure.

Has anyone seen a solo Jackie Greene show? I would like to hear about it.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds