• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: The Who in Denver!

#237257 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^ That's cuz they were kicking people out for lighting up since Daltrey is "severley allergic to smoke". I guess it's not that funny ... I was amazed people were complying..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

Re: The Who in Denver!

#237812 1 year, 7 months ago
I saw the who last night in lousiville. I need some other people opinions because I cant figure out if it was the band or the venue. Granted I was in nose bleed seats but the sound sucked! Im sure the who put on a good show but I COULDNT HEAR IT! did anyone else have this problem? Seriously while they were playing i could have a conversation with my buddy at normal levels and hear each other just fine(not saying im a show talker!!!) just giving an example of how low the music was. Like when i go to a show i want to feel the bass drum in my chest. I didnt even hear the bass drum. I have tickets to fleetwood mac at the same venue but this time i have floor seats. lets hope its not the same experience. by the way this was the yum center so anyone with prior experience please step in!
Chester
More or less in line

Re: The Who in Hamilton Ontario!

#238384 1 year, 7 months ago
Wow! Who the f**k are you?!

Great show! But beyond that, goosebumps! These guys are the history of Rock and Roll! And they let you know it.
They can still play, and sing. Loud, and in your face. Powerful. The Quadrophenia was so intense, with the light show,
and the screens constantly showing images of their early days, mixed with images of historic events, even some tragic
events. It was like, the history of the world, as told by the Who. And if they aren't producing relevant music for today,
the relevance of what they created, so many decades ago, still outshines many, if not all of their contemporaries.
And it will be relevant for a very long time. The boys were in great form. Pete was windmilling like a young man.
Roger can still hit most of the high notes. And can do it with enough power, to send chills down your spine. The
incredible ending, Love reign O'er me, was a highlight. Maybe the best I've ever seen them do live. He nailed the
primal scream at the end, like a man of much fewer years. The band is fantastic. Zak Starkey is a beast on drums.
He is perfect for this music. And looks kinda like his dad. Which adds another dimension to the rock and roll history
lesson. Simon is always great. The rest filled out the sound very well. I came away from this show, extremely satisfied.
Another highlight, was the video of Keith. Heartwarming, that they could include him, so completely. I do feel like
he and Entwistle were both there tonight, in a way. A great crowd, of mostly older folks, mostly sitting quietly, and
enjoying the show. I felt at home. I danced in my seat, and sang along. Had a blast. And the last part, the greatest
hits segment, was just a big old sing along for the whole place. We were all that familiar with the music, it was like
being young again, for a short while. I was pleased to see several younger folks there too. And really enjoying the
music. There were more than a few Union Jacks waving in the place. Nice touch.
Smoking was absolutely forbidden. And I saw one man in our section get booted for lighting up during Pinball Wizard.
But otherwise, a really great crowd. No other security problems.
A side note about Canada, I have never seen so many Tim Hortons. And I was on my way back home, before
I realized the road signs were in Km. I thought I was making great time. Um, no, it's just not as far as I thought.
The old Coliseum looked sort of the same. But had new seats, and luxury boxes, and the neighborhood was all changed.
The empty lots across the street where I parked and hung out for the Dead shows, were gone. But it still was good
to be back there. Hope I get a chance to go up there for a show again sometime.

HAMILTON: "Roger Daltrey and Peter Townshend demonstrated through a seamless 90-minute set that their 40-year-old masterpiece remains one of the great moments in rock ā€™nā€™ roll, a place where pop music came closest to approaching art."

Photo by Kaz Novak
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, GKB, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238508 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^ How'd you like that bass solo during 515?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238513 1 year, 7 months ago
I always wondered what it's like going into Canada?? The thought of being strip searched to cross the border makes me shy away
Chester
More or less in line

#238518 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^ How'd you like that bass solo during 515?

That was so cool. I loved it.
Chester
More or less in line

#238519 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I always wondered what it's like going into Canada?? The thought of being strip searched to cross the border makes me shy away

No strip search. You do need a passport. Both leaving, and returning. And they just ask you where your going, and where your from.
I was good boy. I didn't bring anything with me.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#238552 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

It's just as bad as you might imagine, having gone through that after Syracuse in '84. Nothing like those interrogating you speaking French in between "We KNOW you have narcotics!!!!!" $150 to pay getting the car out of being impounded, and back across the Peace bridge for us it was. I was driving the car and should not have been wearing a Dead shirt.

Glad y'all had such a good time seeing one of the greatest rock bands of all time. No doubt they'll always carry that title with them.
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#238701 1 year, 7 months ago
great review Chester, i felt the same way, really loved to see the show finally, having seen Tommy many yrs ago. Really wish they would do some new stuff too!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#238706 1 year, 7 months ago
They did do, "Tea and theater" It was the last song of the night. And the only new one. Just Roger and Pete, with Pete on acoustic.

Tea and theater

Will you have some tea
After theatre with me?

We did it all - didn't we?
Jumped every wall - instinctively
Unravelled codes - ingeniously
Wired all the roads - so seamlessly

We made it work
But one of us failed
That makes it so sad
A great dream derailed

One of us gone