• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

7 Walkers

#23962 3 years, 3 months ago
Brooklyn Bowl May 31
Beautiful little venue in hip Williamsburg Brooklyn
come and join the party every day!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: 7 Walkers

#24328 3 years, 3 months ago
Can't wait for them to cruise back West again, such a great cast of uber talented musicians
Matt Hubbard is multi - instrumental force to be reckoned with!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#30168 3 years, 3 months ago
saw 'em last night

Tim you got that right!

Matt Hubbard is a force of Nature!

Can not stop thinking about him

can hardly wait to see them again at City Winery in NYC on sep 2 and 3..just bought pricey tix to that supper club venue with a reserved table each night right in front of Matt!!!
come and join the party every day!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by robertjfeldman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Inner Listening4Knowledge
Fresh Boarder
"In Stillness all things can be known."

#30875 3 years, 3 months ago
When I saw them in Boulder last June (2010) it was a superb show, Bill played like I had never seen before, he played like Bill of the 70s in some sensational ways, really subdividing and filling between sections like crazy.
That 6.5.10 show is on archive.org

I give the band credit, they seemed to be working hard up there, most of the time all but hubbard had their eyes closed during the varied and deep jams, and they were enjoying themselves. also, Bill was nice enough afterwards to greet me briefly and take a moment to listen intently. after listening to the kind taper's recording, hubbard's harmony on birdsong seemed different than the garcia arrangement, but you know what, it didnt' stop me from loving being there and seeing them play. heard part of the set out back of the venue then made it in somewhere just after wharf rat. clearly this is music inspired, given their new album, they have a gift and sense of inspiration to play passionately, both the gd tunes and their own catalog.

i respect that about them, even if Malcolm is not JG and doesn't sing like he or Hunter. And you know what, I give Billy a lot of credit, he seems to be following his heart, in the band, and in his life and how he decides to live and direct it. Just from his band and music projects since 01, when he came back to sit in with Phil and Bobby and Mickey at NYE, that takes a lot to want to be there and come play. I will not know these men personally, they're music being highly personal for me in my interpretation of it, but as a band, the surviving members had a lot to face with after 95, and each of them has now found their voice, their passion, and their gifts it seems like.
I think those guys carrying on, and not being surrounded by most of the old crew any longer has been great for them.
I look forward to more new music from furthur to complement what billy and mickey have put out officially.
"Step 3: WHAT DO I REALLY KNOW?

Ask yourself what do I really know and distinguish
what you know from what you think or hope for or want for
yourself or your world, what you are afraid of, what you believe in,
what you cherish and what you value."
STEPS TO KNOWLEDGE-THE BOOK OF INNER KNOWING, the book of daily practice.
www.newmessage.org/books/steps-to-knowledge.php
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#32903 3 years, 2 months ago
I abolutely love Kreutzman... always have and always will. One of my favorite memories of Bill is seeing him break out a jackhammer during drumz at the Omni in Atlanta one year (yes, a real freakin' jack hammer!!!). It was abolutely awesome.

I happened to see 7 Walkers as an opening act for Hot Tuna Electric in Napa at the Uptown Theatre and I was sadly disappointed. Perhaps it was an off night, but the band was flat. Bill seemed to be having fun and I wish him all the best in his endeavors, but the band as a whole didn't do much for me. Perhaps I'll check them out again, and if so I might come away with a very different reaction.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.93 seconds