• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Anela Lauren
Fresh Boarder

Harpin' on the Dead

#247135 1 year, 5 months ago
DSCN2976_2013-03-31.JPG

Aloha kind folks,

Just wanted to let you all know about my upcoming CD & LP "Harpin' on the Dead", currently under production and being funded on IndieGoGo page www.indiegogo.com/projects/harpin-on-the-dead. This album will be part of the Rex Foundation’s musical caravan.

On the acoustic songs (Standing on the Moon, Ripple, Box of Rain, Black Muddy River), the instrumentation ranges from solo harp and voice to accompaniment with acoustic guitar and upright bass. On the electric songs (Eyes of the World, Franklin’s Tower, They Love Each Other, Scarlet -> Fire, Lady -> Terrapin) , we are joined by drums and incredible electric guitar played by Steve Inglis (Palolo Jones, House of Spirits). Acoustic and rhythm guitar is by Tom SanFilippo (Half Step). In some ways, the harp fills in for the keyboards. Anela sings lead vocals, backed by other members of the band.

The cover art was commissioned from William Giese (Deadicated), and turned out so well that a limited run of 12” vinyl LPs will be available, in addition to CDs, t-shirts, posters and giclees (fine art prints on canvas – available only as perks on the IndieGoGo campaign). The album is currently in production with an estimated release date of May 2013. Shows are planned for summer of 2013 (TBA).

Thank you so much for your support and please help spread the word! Peace & Blessings, Anela
Anela Lauren, Harpist for All Occasions
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Anela Lauren.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

Re: Harpin' on the Dead

#247147 1 year, 5 months ago
I saw Harpin and I thought it was a blues harmonica take on the tunes!
This should be interesting. Good luck with it.
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anela Lauren
Cub
Senior Boarder

#247225 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow, something fresh to listen and share with my funky blues musicians in Atlanta.
I'll order one.
Anela Lauren
Fresh Boarder

#247275 1 year, 5 months ago
I guess I should clarify... I thought the picture would come out bigger and you'd see.... that it's a celtic harp, not harmonica..... different kind of harping altogether but I have to say it is somewhat transcendent. You have to hear the Lady/Terrapin and Standing on the Moon!
Anela Lauren
Fresh Boarder

#249377 1 year, 4 months ago
The recording has finished and I'm really happy with the results! Beautiful "Attics of My Life", Terrapin is transcendental and Ripple is heartwarming and angelic. I'll be on www.KKCR.org Wednesday at 4:30 PM Pacific Standard time playing a few rough-mixed tracks. Give a listen online and if you like it, please visit the IndieGoGo page (listed above) and help this independent musician get a beautiful record made! Thanks so much!

Harpin' on,
Anela
AtticAngels.jpg

DSCN2996.JPG
Chester
More or less in line

#249381 1 year, 4 months ago
I'm going to try and check that out. KKCR is a great station. One of my favorite internet radio stations.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Chester.
Anela Lauren
Fresh Boarder

#250442 1 year, 4 months ago
Unfortunately the live stream was down but I put up a short clip from the Scarlet jam on YouTube. Check it!

Only 6 days left in the IndieGoGo campaign - I need a miracle!!!

igg.me/p/349715/x/2569622
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds