• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

Favorite Furthur shows?

#250638 1 year, 6 months ago
I feel like almost every show I have seen has been my favorite. Anyone got any personal faves?
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

Re: Favorite Furthur shows?

#250655 1 year, 6 months ago
This past NYE run was special cause it was my first NYE shows. Really loved the July 2010 Columbus, OH show at the LC Pavilion. It was a tiny outdoor place and we got fireworks directly over heads from some festival the city was putting on nearby. I swear they were jammin King Soloman's in beat with the explosions. It was a total surpirise to us and the band. The UIC Chicago Nov. 2010 run was great besides getting nut-checked at the door. Had great seats and everyone around me was gettin off. The fall 2011 Columbus, OH show was amazing. Got High Time and Easy Wind. Loved it. The fall 2011 tour ender in Indy was also fantastic. Crazy Fingers 1st set with Blues For Allah in 2nd to go along with Terrapin and Morning Dew. Lots of highlights at that show. But to be completely honest I will have to quote Burt and say: I like "the next one" best.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#250659 1 year, 6 months ago
Nice man! It was my first new years too.. Never been able to go but last year I made it happin!!!! It was beautiful!

The Chicago UIC run was sooo sick, except for the security... Second night, I was in tears during box of rain encore. When they played ripple after that I lost it
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#250661 1 year, 6 months ago
Indianapolis 11/21/2012
Red Rocks 9/23/12
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#250663 1 year, 6 months ago
Yup that whole red rocks run was outta this world... Sunday was killer all the pigpen tunes and on top of it STEALYOURFACE!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#250769 1 year, 6 months ago
archive.org/details/furthur2010-07-05.sb...ficial.113026.flac16

Monday, July 5th, 2010
Sherman Theater, Stroudsburg, PA

Set 1: Scarlet Begonias > Shakedown Street > Promised Land, Candyman, Playing in the Band > The Eleven > Colors Of The Rain > Playing In The Band > Throwing Stones

Set 2: China Doll > Fire On The Mountain > The Other One > Time/Breathe Reprise > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Unbroken Chain, The Music Never Stopped > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Encore: Box Of Rain

-----------------------------------

archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-26.sb...ficial.113515.flac16

Saturday March 26th, 2011
Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY

I: Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion, Viola Lee Blues, Alligator > Minglewood Blues, Sittin on Top of the World, Alice D. Millionaire > Cream Puff War, Turn On Your Lovelight

II: Playin in the Band > Born Cross-Eyed > Dark Star > Eclipse > Mountains of the Moon > Space > Dark Star > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer, Stella Blue, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower

E: One More Saturday Night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#250803 1 year, 6 months ago
^^ That Owsley memorial show was EPIC! Wish I was there for that one.
cryptical1
Fresh Boarder

#253046 1 year, 6 months ago
gvanman wrote:
But to be completely honest I will have to quote Burt and say: I like "the next one" best.

there is a reason burt is the messenger. red rocks 2012 was unbelievable, however i would say the Broomfield run in 2011 was a peak. Jack Straw> me and my uncle for a Friday opener, Deal> Black Throated Wind complete with brother esau tease. Saturday brought the heat right away, especially after i called the truckin' opener. Then giving us the debut of dark hollow, but set 2 was the real high point of the weekend. only to ease us back down to earth with a beautiful Sunday night.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-02-12.sb...ficial.113304.flac16

Set 1: Jam > Truckin' > Crazy Fingers > Dark Hollow, Ramble on Rose, Seven Hills of Gold, Cold Rain and Snow, Throwing Stones, Lovelight

Set 2: Jam > Shakedown Street > Viola Lee Blues > Bird Song > The Other One > Terrapin Station > At A Siding > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Dear Mr. Fantasy > Hey Jude Reprise > One More Saturday Night

Encore: Attics Of My Life
at least im enjoyin' the ride
-GB
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#253471 1 year, 6 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#253918 1 year, 6 months ago
3/8/2010, Portland- Picaso Moon open and its tight!!! Mama tried, very solid show as Furthur is a band that peaks towards the end of their tours for sure.

11/16/2010 Reading, PA overall amazing show High on a mtn>GSET>China Cat>Come Together to close set 1 was hot!
UJB>Let it grow. One of the best "rise and fall" jams in any furthur let it grow. The interplay between Bob & John is amazing the fast tempo jam is mind blowing before the change in pace to finsish it out, must listen.

9/27/11- def one of the better shows of a meh west coast run

11/8/2011 & 11/12/2011- one of my favorite runs, these two shows are really amazing. 11/8 is a pretty hot first set with a spot on Promised Land,
11/12/2011 A real treat, Viola Sandwich through set II, I know you rider was really amazing and so was the morning Dew. Hot throwing stones in set 1 as well Bobby interjects "occupy wall street"

11/21/2011- What's not to like here. A first set played like a second set! Celebration>Born Cross Eyed>Scarlet>Colors>Playing>Crazy Fingers>Playin>Cumberland It just doesn't let up! This show never gets old. The Jam between Born Cross Eyed & Scarlet is one of my favorite intrior jams by the band!
Playin Reprise>Cumberland, Weir drives this one and crossfades like a DJ, amazing!
Set II is no joke either with a beautiful Mtn Song >Watchtower>Fire,etc... Fire is perfectly stacked with its first set scarlet in position #3.

That's all for now, see y'all in AC!
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds