• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

Re: Who else are you seeing this summer?

#263960 1 year, 1 month ago
Gonna try to catch a Mickey Show and Dylan
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#266040 1 year ago
MERLE HAGARD IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW!

so is Ghostface Killa from Wutang his new album "12 reasons to die" is his best yet, he is backed by a full band, its a rap oprea and its off the chain.

i refuse to see anyband that may play the song "wagonwheel" cause if i hear it again, im goin kill myself with a pen knife. its horrrible.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#266051 1 year ago
Here in Portland, OR seeing Mickey Hart Band Friday Aug 2nd @ the Roseland Theater also just confirmed for Sat Aug 10th @ the Roseland Lydia Pense & Cold Blood which I haven't seen this band since the 70's. So these shows should be fun.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#266059 1 year ago
illuminaughty wrote:
MERLE HAGARD IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW!

Man I grew up listening to Merle Hagard and other country bands (Willie, Waylon, Hank, etc). That's great to hear he is till going strong
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#266773 1 year ago
Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeroes.....this band has given me a lot of healing.....
GOOD LOVE
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#267167 1 year ago
Already saw Melvin Seals and JGB two nights, went to mighty Folly Fest and will be hitting Rush in Halifax as well as take the kids to see Kiss in Saint John. I think it is totally cheese that Gene simmons would hire two stand ins to dress like the original line up but my kids will probably be blown away. This will be their first big arena show even though they have been to many smaller shows in a variety of venues. Going to Messtival in August and looking forward to Gov't Mule in September.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#268874 1 year ago
Denver Man wrote:
John K Band and American Jubilee

Widespread Panic - unfortunately I only have tix to 1 of the 4 shows but may try to get a last second bargain from stub hub scalping scumbags.

DSO

Robert Plant (perhaps)

Warren Haynes

YMSB

I would hope that I will be adding more to the list ...

Hey DM - saw Robert Plant on Sunday night and it was a great show. I also saw him in Band of Joy and that was not my thing but the Sensational Shapeshifters were great fun. Got to go with my tennagehood friend with whom I saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 so that made in doubly-fun!
Last Edit: 1 year ago by amusingdeva.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#268876 1 year ago
Going to respond to my own inquiry

Steely Dan
Grandmothers of Invention
Flaming Lips
Donna the Buffalo
Blue Oyster Cult at our County Fair
Foghat at free music series on the river
Trombone Shorty
Rebelution
Monophonics
Doobie Brothers

Local/Regional favorites galore!
Garcia Birthday Band -- "Dead Unique & Irresistibly Danceable" -- I LOVE these guys
Dark Matter Transfer
Floydian Slips
New Monsoon

Festivals!
Waterfront Blues Festival -- highlights (for me) Robert Plant, Mavis Staples, Taj Mahal, Mississippi All Stars, Eric Burdon, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Oregon Country Fair - looking forward to: Papadosio, Carolyn Wonderland, African Sowboyz, Black Prarie, Joann Rand, The Motet, Poor Man's Whiskey, Jambay
Northwast String Summit - looking forward to:Leftover Salmon, Fruition, YMSB, Scott Law and Chris Funk doing The Roots of Johnny Cash, Sugarcane
Emerald Empire Hempfest -- looking forward to David's band - The Deep Woods Band
Blacksheep family Reunion
Eugene Celebration
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#268879 1 year ago
ratdog2112 wrote:
Here in Portland, OR seeing Mickey Hart Band Friday Aug 2nd @ the Roseland Theater also just confirmed for Sat Aug 10th @ the Roseland Lydia Pense & Cold Blood which I haven't seen this band since the 70's. So these shows should be fun.

Check out Cascadia Psychedelia on August 9th at the Bob White
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#271800 1 year ago
DSO
Railroad Earth
Infamous String Dusters
Fruition
Yonder Mtn
Cheese
And Furthur's run at Red Rocks to wrap the summer up.

kinda of a string-jam theme going on
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Last Edit: 1 year ago by whatdah.
Time to create page: 1.48 seconds