• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
skidoo
Expert Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Luminato 2013: Joni Mitchell interview

#264862 10 months ago

a little performance footage at CBC website, hopefully more available from the Massey Hall Concert
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Luminato 2013: Joni Mitchell interview

#264962 10 months ago
What a wonderful interview. I've always been a big fan of Joni. Here is an artist that always changed her music, never rested on her laurels. She started out as a folk musician, then wrote and played material that Crosby Stills Nash and Neil Young played. She wrote the song Woodstock, which CSN performed. Blue is such a masterful work. Most singers would not vary their style of song presentation, but the next thing you know, Joni is playing jazz music with the likes of Jaco Pastorius, Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Tom Scott and Michael Brecker. Before he died, Charles Mingus asked her to work with him. One of my favorite pieces of music is called Shadows and Light, which is a live concert from Santa Barbra in 1979. The one constant in Joni's music is change. The search for something new. This interview goes a long way in explaining what shaped Joni's thought process. What this continual change is about. The NY Times interviewer Jon Pareles knows all of her songs and asks insightful questions, which Joni has no problems answering. Joni is now 70 and remains a beautiful person both inside and out. Over the years I have read about her, but to hear her tell her own story in this interview, is a special treat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds