• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

I love Michael Jackson and I miss him everyday.

#267655 1 year ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: I love Michael Jackson and I miss him everyday.

#267709 1 year ago
I was lucky enough to see Michael once. One of the Philly JFK shows on the Jacksons' Victory tour in 1985. Still one of the greatest concerts of my life.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#267770 1 year ago
I don't generally brag about this one, but I got to see the '85 Victory tour from a 25th row main floor seat. It was definitely a spectacle, and I enjoyed it. One of my dearest friends got his big break in the magic/music world doing the special effects for that tour. He even ended up on the cover of National Enquirer levitating Michael. I went out to LA to visit while they were rehearsing and got to carry a big cape Michael wore during the show to a seamstress, and still have a couple of rhinestones that "fell off" while I had it. Apparently, Michael really was a hard-working, very nice man before he fell off the edge of reality.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#267974 1 year ago
Wow. Definitely something to brag about Sue.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#268127 1 year ago
Equinox wrote:
Wow. Definitely something to brag about Sue.

Well, maybe in certain circles, but I was using "brag" very loosely there. Thriller wasn't exactly heard a lot on tour back then. Or now.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#280440 11 months ago
Happy Birthday Michael!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#281352 10 months, 4 weeks ago
my neice, who is 28ish, LOVES MJ, i mean FANATICALY, to put some of us deadicated deadheads to shame. she bought an autographed Thriller LP off ebay b4 he passed.
she never got to see him perform, but had bought tickets(6th row i thnk, cost like 3-4 bills) for the comback shows or whatever in England, then he died. HUGE BUMMER FOR HER, and ALOT of others not to mention MJs fam.
anyway she still went to europe, and kept the ticket stub, instead of sending it back for the money. like i said she LOVED THE MAN.
and she was totally not in that generation.
but my niece is related to me, so is heir to certain genes that make her especially kewl.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds