• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Dave's Picks Vol 7 Normal ILL. 4/24/78

#277220 1 year, 1 month ago
Horton Field House, Illinois State in Normal ILL. is the most recent release of the 2013 Dave's package. Within the first few mins of listening to Promised > Ramble On Rose I could hear and feel the warmth and atmosphere of the basketball hall from this show. When I listened to disc one, with just 2 speakers, in stereo 100 watts ea. and a decent HDCD player this show just enters my living room has my undivided attention. Every now and then, in the strangest of places if you look at it right, all the parts came together for a tight great sounding show that was carefully captured with love. And this show will be played and digested for quite a while.

Thumbs Up !
Country Fresh
Junior Boarder

Re: Dave's Picks Vol 7 Normal ILL. 4/24/78

#277227 1 year, 1 month ago
Best Dave's Pick so far.The band's energy level here is very high.You know you're in for it from the word go when Promised Land blows the roof off.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#277232 1 year, 1 month ago
I cannot wait to listen to this.

DPs this year have been extraordinary!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

#278064 1 year, 1 month ago
i went to isu, that place was a pit to see a show
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#278081 1 year, 1 month ago
It's a great show, for sure. My one complaint is that disc 2 is only 30 minutes long. For the price they're charging, I think they should have found some filler to put in there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#278150 1 year, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
It's a great show, for sure. My one complaint is that disc 2 is only 30 minutes long. For the price they're charging, I think they should have found some filler to put in there.

Yeah some 78 Jerry Band would make a nice filler
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, SunshineSue
Cub
Senior Boarder

Dave's Picks Vol 7 - disc 2 Downside

#279207 1 year, 1 month ago
Sony's founder (R.I.P.) originally made CD's 80 mins for a reason. So that his favorite entire symphony could be heard uninterrupted. I agree with Sunshine Sue, to leave 50 mins blank is a big downside to what could have been the best Dave's yet.

I need a job. How about "Cub's Picks" next ?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dave's Picks Vol 7 - disc 2 Downside

#279530 1 year, 1 month ago
It's still a great release. So much of it is the Dead as a straight ahead rock band which is a facet they didn't use that much, unfortunately. I don't know that I've ever heard Jerry so downright enthusiastic. And that Rhythm Devils>Space segment is worth the price of admission alone. Yes, they could have done a lot more with Disc Two but given the quality of the show, I think it's a small complaint.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds