• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

Re: Melvin Seals and JGB

#32329 3 years, 4 months ago
he calls them JGB.... he does not mention Jerry when introducing the band.

its a moniker to show respect.. its the way I see it. wish they came south sometimes.. which is never.

I want a TOUR thru the south dang it
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#59776 3 years, 1 month ago
Went and saw JGB last night here in Freddy Beach. Solid set...not sure what they were jammin on when we walked in but they played Sugaree, Expressway to your Heart, Positively 4th st., Deal. Opened for Levon Helm and I was hoping Melvin would come out and jam but no dice. Talked to Jimmy after the show and he said they didn't get an encore cause the festival only allowed 1 hour for them. Nice set though, too bad the douche crowd who only get out once a year were talking the whole time. Going to see Warren tonite, then Medeski, Martin and Wood. Hopefully that lead to something!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#60207 3 years, 1 month ago
I love them. It's a real good time. It's a great time to see are family (GDF) and enjoy the moment.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#60361 3 years, 1 month ago
Melvin and the Boys are the shit!! no way they should change the name. And ol boy iz right, they are announed as JGB. Saw these guys down at schwagstock numerous times and they light it up !!! love how they go back and forth from jgb to the dead in one set like its nobodys business. They really have it down. Hope all is well Jimmy T, Keep the Faith.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#60540 3 years, 1 month ago
i also have seen them a few times down at zoe i was a regular for a couple years before this last year been livin in oregon for awhile now, but ya stu is the man humble guy and rips it something fierce. good to see some schwag attendees on here
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#60948 3 years, 1 month ago
Fuck ya it is , I miss old Zoe. Never forget seeing Bill the Drummer Sit in on a very long NFA and had the whole lawn rockin : D it was awesome. Oregon ? that sounds like a prime time You catching the RR Shows at all ?> if so have to meet up and talk bout some fun ol times
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#61146 3 years, 1 month ago
My Halloween Plans for this year most definitely include Melvin Seals:
hangtownhalloween.com/
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#61478 3 years, 1 month ago
They played a great set at the Jerry Day show, Melvin is as good as ever.
I've never seen this confirmed but heard from strong sources that Jerry took equal pay to his band, paid them the same share as himself for gigs..that's pretty unusual. He loved the JGB.

^I'm hoping to make it to Hangtown to see JGB too, though it means missing The Mermen, dammit^
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by sjfgreenman.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds