• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Post Wake N Bakes here

#298007 10 months, 4 weeks ago
After morning coffee of course
Last Edit: 10 months, 4 weeks ago by Cub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Post Wake N Bakes here

#298008 10 months, 4 weeks ago
This morning I'm enjoying some fine acoustic Jerry and electric JGB from a pre-Halloween B.G.P. show at The Lunt Fontaine Theater that we were fortunate to attend in NYC on 10.30.87. We got a phone call around 11am at work that tickets were available on the street for face. All four of us faked an emergency and left our various jobs in Phila and S. Jersey. Our usual meet-up spot was the Red Roof Inn's parking lot at exit 4 of the N.J.Turnpike. Back then we could make it out of the Lincoln Tunnel in 1.5 hours. We found parking on the street and secured tickets close to the stage in the far left corner. On a prior show it was too funny when Jerry said: He was gonna call all our bosses, Whose minding the store? Did we just fall into that category. In the upstairs bar with speakers the ceiling was full of balloons and we were told that the black balloons had Nitrous Oxide but you had to jump really high to grab those strings. The theater then was emptied out from the early show, fortunately we found tickets @ face for the Late Show inside the Early Show. So we decided to hit the local TGiF on green pyramids. What a fun time. That show's Tee shirt is still one of my favorites to wear almost 27years later.

Ni
Last Edit: 10 months, 4 weeks ago by Cub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, gvanman, Strider1
Cub
Senior Boarder

#298628 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Woke-up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head
Found my upstairs and had a SMOKE (of vapor)
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream....

Last Edit: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Cub.
Cub
Senior Boarder

#298633 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Memories from Phil n Friends @ Red Rocks July 2001

This was the last time our motley group of Dead Heads from Jersey, Atlanta, and Colorado all got together for a show. We landed in Denver / Boulder for 5 days of exploration and a few shows. The above pic is the same line-up that just played at TXR. Les Claypool blew our minds with his version of Pink Floyd songs. During the shows we changed hotels to a Marriott closer to RR. This is where we had some 2 great poolside wake n bakes. What fun.
Last Edit: 10 months ago by Cub.
Time to create page: 1.87 seconds