• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
derek92
Junior Boarder

Widespread Panic

#36070 2 years, 10 months ago
Does anybody like widespread hear its my sweet spot it being the first band i saw
just thought i would ask
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Re: Widespread Panic

#36073 2 years, 10 months ago
They are playing tonight in Taos. Should be a fun gig.
All You Need
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#36075 2 years, 10 months ago
I have seen them in more places and more times than any other band in my 40 yrs..

I miss Mikey.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#36093 2 years, 10 months ago
I love Widespread Panic. I think their music is very beautiful in a dark sort of way. When I'm in a certain type of mood (hard to describe it) nothing hits the spot like Panic. Plus, their shows are a blast. Their audience is right there with them.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: milesgone
gratefuldeadmom
Fresh Boarder

#36324 2 years, 10 months ago
I love the Panic, but their live shows as far as crowd goes, are not like a Dead show, the vibe at a Dead show is the best concert experience EVER!!!!!

As far as listening to the Panic, I listen to a live show just about every day, while I work out, courtesy of the Widespread Panic podcast I subscribe to....
milesgone
Junior Boarder

#36454 2 years, 10 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I love Widespread Panic. I think their music is very beautiful in a dark sort of way. When I'm in a certain type of mood (hard to describe it) nothing hits the spot like Panic. Plus, their shows are a blast. Their audience is right there with them.

that DARK edge is what helped me get into them.. finding the dark side is cool.

can't have light without dark!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#36755 2 years, 9 months ago
they are alright...i don't get down with it that much..JB doesnt really do it for me or dave schools but i'll check em out every now and then...good to see jimmy again...arent they going on indefinite hiatus in 2012?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
skidoo
Expert Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#36862 2 years, 9 months ago
first time i heard the music was coming back from friday shoreline show seems ages ago now. some guys from denver who were having a stag weekend or whatever marriage groom thing gave me a lift back to san francisco in a limo bus. they had tunes cranked and gave me a 45 minute crash course about 6 of them acting out the tunes explaining lyrics with one guy passed out cold.....since then have downloaded some tunes and have gotten into it

i thank brett and the boys for that....maybe we will see you at the red rocks show, no?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#39901 2 years, 9 months ago
i checked out my fist Panic shows this weekend at the Fox in Oakland. the shows were very enjoyable (2nd night i thought was much better than the 1st) and i'm glad i finally went to see them. i'd definitely check 'em out again, but they're not a band that i'd follow regularly.
milesgone
Junior Boarder

#42016 2 years, 9 months ago
I got my tix for tuscaloosa! its been 15 yrs since they played there.
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds