• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

DSO ~ It was HOT and SWEATY - REAL GOOD TIME!!!!

#42889 3 years, 3 months ago
hey peeps- just thought i would share a bit about the DSO show on 7/20/2011
the show was originally supposed to be @ papermill island (lock 24) in B'ville ny. apparently they didn't sell enough tickets for that venue so they moved it to the Westcott theater in syracuse. Now to start i was not a happy camper when it came to the venue- hate standing room only- hate when my feet stick to the floor & they used to enforce the no reentry policy!! i have had a bad experience here years ago- and a friend had her car towed from a lot where there were many other people from the show parked- no reason! so i was kinda bummed and wanted to get a refund- the hubs would here none of that!!
he told me to put on my big girl panties and go shake what mama gave me!! i went with much trepidation!
there were only a couple hundred there - so plenty of dancing room! the shots of jager were $4 bucks! oooch! beers were 3$ and they had some good choices!
the band went on @ 8 and they rocked the joint!!!They let us come and go- so no hard time going out and comming back in.
Set one
Stranger>Sugaree(which was SMOKIN') into walkin' blues (hubs doesn't care for this and he said it was the best he has ever heard)then Dire Wolf>me and my uncle>Mexicaly Blues>Althea (very strong!) and ended the set with Paint my Masterpiece
it was over 90* in there and only one restroom for all us ladies! they tried to give the hubs a hard time about the water he was bringing in- i looked the guy in the eye and said "it says on your web site 1 water per person unopened" i took the water from hubs and put it in my backpack and walked in- hubs said the guys just shrugged and let him go in behind me. went to the car during the break i had my own jager and i did a few shots! smoke um if you got um!!! then back inside- wow still a friggin sauna happening!! grab a nice space about 3 deep from the stage.
2nd set
iko.Aiko>Saint of Circumstance>New speedway boogie (really cooked!)>Truckin'>jam, drums,space,wheel teaser into Other one>warf rat (kicked ass!) throwin' stones>touch of gray,Encore: brokedown palace>(we had to leave so the hubs could get a few hours of sleep before work) so we missed filler>monkey & the engineer >it stoned me.

these guys are so tight and really sound AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wont say i am a fan of the westcott now but i am glad the hubs made me go!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by irishqueenie.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

Re: DSO ~ It was HOT and SWEATY - REAL GOOD TIME!!!!

#42891 3 years, 3 months ago
forgot to ad this link to the original show from Nassau 3/29/91
www.archive.o...114398.flac2448 < this link did not work- sorry
try this one:
www.archive.org/details/gd91-03-29.sbd.wiley.8232.sbeok.shnf
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by irishqueenie. Reason: add something
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45428 3 years, 2 months ago
you walked out during the best part...i always loved DSO's filler material...some really rare tunes...some of my friends were at that show, they had a great time
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#45942 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah we were bummed too - but hubs was on shutdown at work and as it was only got 3 hours of sleep before work- we did have a good time!
Chester
More or less in line

#45962 3 years, 2 months ago
Now I'm caught up from where we were when I met you at CMAC. Nice review. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds