• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Saw John Butler Trio at Sherman

#47999 3 years, 2 months ago
Had a great time.

Couldn't help thinking how much fun it must have been to see Furthur there....and how hot.

Saturday was rainy with temps about 75-80...But it got hot in that box. So I can only imagine if it starts out at 95.

JBT was everything I expected. Joyful non-stop jamming. JB's wife opened with her trio and they were flat out fun.

The crowd was a crazy mix of college beer swizzlers...yuppies...oldsters....and everyone just loved the band. Loud cheers and the band seemed to feed off it.

My Dead spawn daughter turned us on to JBT after seeing him at All Good two years ago. So that was a nice pay back.

Looking at his set lists, they seem a bit repetitive, but if you want to boogie and hear music that you won't hear anywhere else, I recommend JBT five stars....Truble is, they are Australian-based and don't get here too much.

Furthur...book this band for NYE.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Saw John Butler Trio at Sherman

#48022 3 years, 2 months ago
the place was an oven when furthur played there...it was almost 100 degrees outside, even worse inside....soaked, absolutely soaked in sweat for over 12 hours after the show...tiny little matchbox compared to what they were (on this particular tour) and even more so now are playing

a friend of mine is into john butler trio, i've never really given it an honest listen
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Saw John Butler Trio at Sherman

#48023 3 years, 2 months ago
good to hear you had a great time!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds