• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
gratefuldad
Junior Boarder

Re: Railroad Earth Appreciation Thread

#6945 3 years, 5 months ago
Interesting observation! I too am a John Denver fan, something for which I've taken some abuse from some of my Deadhead friends! I was listening to John for years before I discovered the Dead and I agree that there is a common thread in their music. I discovered Railroad Earth several years ago and I love them! I have often described them as Bill Monroe meets the Grateful Dead meets John Denver! Thanks for sharing!
Lynx
Visitor

#6999 3 years, 5 months ago
"..I too am a John Denver fan, something for which I've taken some abuse..."

Oh do I know how that feels! The abuse we take is part of what makes John Denver fans so close! We've all been through it.

I think with most great music when you "get it" you become part of some special inner circle. You feel fortunate to have found your way into a special subculture of people who feel the same as you do about a particular sound or vibe. You just KNOW you are on to something special. Every Deadhead knows this feeling I'm sure. But to those who have not indoctrinated themselves into that particular subculture yet, to those looking in from the outside, the music can seem almost unbearable! Then they make fun of it. I don;t take it hard though. I actually feel bad for them because they don;t know what they're missing!

RRE is a special group of musicians putting out a truly unique sound. We have given ourselves a great gift by "getting it". Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. Let's hope we "...stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill got a looooooooooong way to go!"
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by .
gratefuldad
Junior Boarder

#7008 3 years, 5 months ago
I think we indeed "still have a long way to go"!
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds