• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

The Tubes

#60950 3 years, 1 month ago
look for Vince Welnick with the sunglasses.
Love this band first band I ever saw.
Tubes
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: The Tubes

#61025 3 years, 1 month ago
the tubes fishin' for bass with Gil Fisher the fishin musician....rock on dudeners
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#61190 3 years, 1 month ago
I actually saw these guys in '77 or '78. Pretty outrageous and very very funny. Don't think my date enjoyed it much. Nice conservative girl from NY. One of the characters, Quey Lude, comes onstage with his penis basically hanging out of his thong and I could feel her flinch in the seat beside me. Ah, the 70s.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#61474 3 years, 1 month ago
Hey ablemaker where did you see them? I saw them a bunch of times in the 70's, they were local SF heroes though they were all from some art school in Ohio originally.
Equinox you took a conservative gal to the Tubes of all bands? How did she like Mondo Bondage? Don't Touch Me There? LOL
Yeah the Quay Lude routine during White Punks on Dope set ender was pretty out there.

Prairie Prince, the drummer and ex-Phil and Friends alumni lives in my neighborhood and plays parties all the time, just saw him a few weeks ago. He's Todd Rundgren's drummer, tours all over the place.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#61479 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw the Tubes the first time in San Jose Center For The Performing Arts. 2/1177
I was still in High School shot some photos and developed them at school.
Later in the nineties my band opened up for The Sponge Mummies with Bill Spooner.
We were honored.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#61490 3 years, 1 month ago
Do you remember the cat guru "Kitty Gee" that Spooner was trying to get people to worship for awhile there?
They had a poster of this cat in a turbin and a whole routine... god damn they were weird.
NYE either 76-77 or 77-78 I saw them at BCT and we had 2nd row seats so, still in high school, I decide to bring a huge plaster of paris "Rorer 714" paper weight to throw onstage during the chaos of WPOD. They asked me at the door what I was going to do with it so I told them and they said "ok, just be careful you don't nail anyone".
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#61928 3 years, 1 month ago
Rorer 714! Hah:) that's an awesome story!
I don't remember that cat guru
I had a huge crush on Re Styles, though.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#62650 3 years, 1 month ago
Alwaysl loved the Tubes. Still have most of their albums on vinyl. Never got to see them live though. I can still remember my uncle's bright shirt with love bomb across the front. SCTV and the Tubes. As a youngster growin up in Canada before cable TV I can remember staying up friday nights to watch SCTV.
Chester
More or less in line

#62656 3 years, 1 month ago
I always liked this one.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo, killwhyT
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#65754 3 years ago
^One of the greatest Rock n roll songs of all time..sheer mayhem at the end, as it should..did anyone ever figure out what is said in Japanese at the end of the song in the studio version?

Ablemaker..thanks, it was a wild night..if you want to see Prarie Prince play, he will almost definitely sit in with The Mermen-Shitones Oct. 29th at the Beach Chalet, SF
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds