• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

loving that

#8620 3 years, 6 months ago
post on facebook........fool in the rain...it sounds so beautiful and so does JK.......missed a few......words like he hasn't ever played or sang that song......who cares.......jam sounded great.....what the hell is that an obo? what the heck was that......hell yelll.......wish i was there......bobby is looking good in some jeans...
FURTHUR FOREVER......LONG LIVE THE DEAD
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

Re: loving that

#66951 3 years ago
hey furthur......
sure am loving that 14 minute and 23 second viola lee blues from the pico acid test in san fran on 3-12-66.......dam nice heavy bass......and jerry is swingin that sound out.......man sounds so young, fresh and new........thumping out the tune.......sounds so good, i almost wet my pants..........dam phil is that your bass.......wow.........!!!! listen to jerry.......somebody pass the kool-aid......cuz i am thirsty...........
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#66958 3 years ago
listen to pig pounding on the keys.......oh god i could cry..........jeeze........sheesh........thats right you got friends everywhere.......this is my all time favorite.........and one of my pig's all time favorite is "you see a broken heart" which would be super cool if bobby could wail that out hard and strong like pig, on the east coast tour.....say somewhere inbetween columbus and indi.....yessss that would be sweet.......i got tear, tears, tears in my eye......and i got pain, pain, pain in my heart........that song is so good..........listen to that guitar......its the epitome of that sixties sound........man..........next up a 10minute and 36 second midnight hour........hell yeah.........i love you RON!!!!!! till we meet again on some distant shore.......in some other time.........man i can't wait until then............my back gets soaking wet now......and all i can do is scream.....and i know what your talking about piggy........ahhhhh i can feel it..........man thats so good.........just imagine if i didn't take that one left turn i would have never been turned on..........weird how fate and coincidence mingle on life's road.........baby please come home........super, super fast BIODTL that i have ever heard......yeah.......happy home.......said happy home.......happy home.........happy happy home......thats where i'm gonna make my happy home..............he he........think i will go up on a mountain and fling myself off into space........this show must be part of rarities and odditiess........?
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#67431 3 years ago
just wanted to cry my eyes out here........man........really you had to go and jam the stranger and......and..........you ain't going nowhere......with Chris.......really.........really............you sure know how to give a girl some blues...........man.....
what the hay..........man........
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#72619 3 years ago
so the headline for the monterey weekly last week was "still tripping", with a huge picture of phil and bobby, when i read that i rolled out of the car and hit my head on the gas pump. Maybe because i was still tripping from the night before. Oh man the night before, what a night.....started out cursing names hoping the paper was good. Man was it good.....swore the boys were on stage jamming something before FLAS, but according to the setlist that was the opener. Smooth, clear, slow, and easy feel like a stranger....sitting second row with a bunch of strangers things started getting weird. Or maybe i was loosing my human form and i was feeling sorta weird. When Althea started, all I could think about was bear.....didn't I hear bear say something to me and then Jerry laugh......i was really tripped out about that i started loosing grip on reality.....if i could hear things that weren't here was i really here. The althea was making me cry inside reminding me of all those i love and respect. Some trippy looking sister, who i thought was bob dylan in drag was over the rail shooting pics. What the hell is bob dylan doing in drag? Man shit was kicking in now.....Then Bobby's strong voice rocking out, can i come home with you, in "little school girl" brought pig into my mind...then i lost it........i was on planet 9 with everyone who wasn't here on planet earth......thinking to myself how the hell do i get back to furthur in monterey.......because thats just where i was a second ago. "Friend of the devil" is rocking somewhere in some far off distant land and i am really freaking out because who the hell blacks out on ....? Somehow i ended up in the back of the venue wondering how the hell i got there, when i was just second row for althea and totoally missed most of no more do i.........i was looking at all dead men around me..........it really sucked..........a friend found me and was dragging me out of space and collecting my molucules for me to bring me down to earth. Thank you dear friend for holding me up......when i kept falling down...how could i miss most of "no more do", I was so looking forward to that song. Phils sweet voice i never get to hear anymore but twice a year.......where did i go? Oh yeah.........i was communcaiting with an alien race who was contemplating weather to keep our sun hovering in orbit or to release it froms gravities grasp. And i am pleading with this creator of light and elements that people are good........that we can change our path we are on...........then all of a sudden i hear "friend of the Devil" that nonbeing who was a being in my mind , scoffed at me laughin me out of space saying aren't you the devils best friend.........i'm thinking somebodies got to be his friend......don't kick the earth out of the sky because i asssocaite with the devil........please mister who, what, ever you are in my mind just release me from your hold and let me go and please let the sun come up. I bumped into the person, i hated, if i hated,he would be the person i hate the most telling me to go to rock med.........i'm standing infront of ben jammin's tye dye at rock med......and i hear someone screaming like that same alien race is pulling there toe nails off their toes....WTH i am not going in there.........i go take a giant leap through the tye dye curtain and nobody was there. An all too sweet nice lady touching my shoulder.....i think i had a shoulder at that time......conning me to go with her and furthur behind the curtain, really tripped me out. Am i human, was she human. Thanks but no thanks lady........i don't wanna ride that spaceship right now maybe next time. Man i could hear Viola lee singing her sweet i've got a friend somewhere but where the hell was i and where was my sweater. Having spent sometime in monterey bay before, i know when night falls it gets perty chilly and my sweater is not on me. When did i take my sweater off and how come I wasn't cold as hell in two wife beaters... really. By now I am sure i am looking like an alien myself. New Goal bleep the humans find your sweater. Well i know i was second row.....so it has to be up there somewhere......come on my only friend who i am holding on too like gorilla glue help me find my sweater. She was a good sport...somehow the ground beneath me was disappearing into black space and the more i pushed my feeet forward the more the black space approached to swallow me into its dark matter........oh please i like being human don't take my body away........i see myself therefore i am something........hopefully! racing ahead of this dark matter trying not to push to hard through this crowd.....of hopefully kind and enlightened alienssss.........help me find myself sweater, let me back to the rail so i have something to hold onto and i feel safe and i won't die.....and humans won't die.........i want to see my mommy again........oh wait i want to see my legal gaurdian again. So all the way through comes a time and watch tower...i am fighting with aliens, looking for my sweater, trying to find the music, and peace within myself. The aliens kept terrorizing me and wouldn't leave me alone. trying not to be to pushy i'm falling over bags and bags of peoples shit.........who the hells bag is that and i am sorry....i hope i didn't break anything. As i am heading forward looking for my sweater somebody or something grabs my ponytail and ripped my hair out of my head. Scared shitless it was the dark matter trying to swallow me i didn't look back. This is my message now to you oh so nice stranger please don't rip my hair out of my head, i could barely see my hands infront of me........and i definitely could not feel my feet. Why the hell did i leave my warm home to have my hair ripped out of my head. So stranger you know who you are, I am a runner not a fighter. What do you want to fight me about, did i spill the beans......i know i can run at the mouth a little. Ah mornign dew is near.......spinning me furthur into dispair knowing the humans have outstayed their welcome on my little home EArth.
where was i now because i completely missed "help on the way" and if you could have seen me then.......you would of seen that i needed some serious help.... finding my sweater. Slipknot, the eleven, and franklins tower, i finially made it back to my spot or my old spot.....looking for my sweater...and some kind stranger handed it to me........thanks finially someone kind in the crowd helping an alien out. Wait a second I thought i was among the kind and enlightened few......thats why i came....i am feeling, and thinking about the song So many roads.......and this one line
"Tell me why you treat me so unkind
Down where the sun don't shine
Lonely and I call your name
No place left to go, ain't that a shame?" Man this is my home.......this venue and every venue i have scene you jam is my only home and you kicked me out of the place that i thought i could be me and free away from persecution. Thanks enlightened ones for your kind gestures and gentle wisdom. So many roads Jerry, and still not home...I know how you feel buddy. encore saturday night and its time to face the piper. back in the hotel room hoping that everybody that i have touched isn't just a conscious thought in a string along a tube insome distant aliens mind, And that i would wake up soon wondering why i have to be the deciding factor of the fate of man. After two bad trips front row.......and good trips inbetween my front row escapades.........i am thinking i am furthur from home than i have ever been. shit! hell bells!..........i just came to listen to the music play, not be ostracized! But I still love you furthur and can't wait till columbus......and you know i will be a astronaut then too fighting for the survival of the human race. Also ian......not sure how to spell your name.....it meant a lot to me that you remembered my name.......so i thank you for that......and mark thought that was reallly super cool.......and that you are really super cool person........thanks!
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#73369 3 years ago
"welcome to the dance"
Last Edit: 3 years ago by niarfoxob.
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#85865 2 years, 11 months ago
loving that....its only two days away
barely....
in two days the rain will be gone
the day not so long
a little cold air
with th sun hanging on.
loving that........about two days away.....
haven't heard a mr. charlie
in awhile.......
its got new meaning to me now.....
had a brother charlie...once
the
reincarnation of Rembrandt.
welcome to the promised land
how was your ride
casey jones the only train
took off into the sky.
might as well take that ride.
only two days away
for a moment of bliss
a couple of hours of freedom
crystal cool clear water
is the story told.
surrounded by unlucky fortune and a heavy cross of gold.
time keeps chipping away the more it gets lost.
what a mess you've left your house in
thinking about staightening it up but how to begin.
two days away
might get to be
with out burdens
doubt
in a moment of ecstasy
maybe
who knows
i don't care
just got to
be there.
two days away
Peggy O
and william tell
knocking on Terripan
drowning in Hell
of a town
notch in the belt
of no truths
and half beliefs.....
only winners under his feet.
what a wretched misery.
you brought to me
when you say just forget
and just let it be
okay
thanks now
i'll set you freee
two days
from this misery
what a mess ...
are you
sure you want to come in.
can't believe what
a wreck its been.
take what i got
i've enjoyed everything
that you gave......
Immensely
just can't wait for two days
can't concentrate
can't wait to be loveing the franklin
driving the wheel
taking candy man
to desolation row.
what else can you ask for
but a box of rain
and maybe baby
don't break that
chain.......
give me a loser
because i'm one.
You know i love the eleven
and i get sad during a rider
get mad at he's gone
and i can't wait for Uncle John
wish hunter was riding along.
miss your face
every bleeping day
makes me sad
what can i say
you've said it all
so much better
in so many waysss
only two days
and i can't wait
to get there..........
be safe
and take care....
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#86467 2 years, 11 months ago
having a crazy little itch
need a broken arrow
and a bottle of rain
to fix this brokendown
drain of a ditch
which
i stuck my soul in.
get me outta here
before i loose my brain
its here
no more time to waste
just for my ride
don't be late
taking the 71 north
my heart is skipping beats
can't figure out why that is
thanks for the floor space in you two seater hatch back
man was that hard to sleep
but dry from the rain.
thanks again
Furthur down that road we go
over the horizon past that snow
out of the cold
warmin up my bones
throw on some rags
and take me home
pic it all night
make it all right.
only need some
_ _ _ 25......
take my dime
no needles or juice
no bottle sets me free...
give th dog his dog food
and run from th sharks
water the well
drown me in ink.
been waiting on the sun to rise
barely keeps
my eyes open.........
wooooo hooooooo give me a box of rain
because i need it, want it, and love it...........give me a dancing suger cube.......
give me twenty if you got it
take the hat rack home and hang it up.
just a small jam
a lic of light
paaaleeeeeaaaassssssssssseeeeeeee.
thank you sir may i have another
thank sir yes you may.....
heres to you night sky
have a good day.
Heres to you Furthur.....
rock my socks off..........