• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
brewnote
Fresh Boarder

UCF Apr 5 UBC

#10123 3 years, 4 months ago
Tuesday's show was fantastic. It sounded good. The song choices were right on. Set 2 is what really got me. There's a lot I could say about it, but I want to focus on one song: Unbroken Chain.

Somewhat new to the scene, I've seen Furthur maybe 10 times. And Phil & Friends, Ratdog, The Dead, and DSO another 10. I've never seen the Grateful Dead. I have heard some really good UBCs from Furthur. Their second night at Fox Theater in Oakland in 2009 was another that comes to mind.

What was exceptional about Tuesday's Orlando performance of that song was that it conveyed to me a strong sense of inclusion in a lineage of perspective that sees the cruelty that exists in the world around us and celebrates the value of shared joy. It was like Phil and Bob, after all these years, just had to keep the ball in the air. Now as much as ever. I thought Jeff Chimenti gave a notably good performance.

I'm curious if anyone else has had that kind of experience with that song, or with the band in general? I think making art and music and food and culture is a good idea. Many of us don't really fit in existing patterns of society. Some of us are full on bitch slapped by them. People who make things can offer ways to connect. And being able to deliver a feeling of connection to the depths of the commonality that makes us like these things and one another seems like the ulitmate aim.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by brewnote.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: UCF Apr 5 UBC

#10331 3 years, 4 months ago
Dude. Unbroken chain is of the chain!
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds