• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#144876 2 years, 3 months ago
Man I got kicked out for dancing! WTF? I am the most gentle and delicate dance in the world. I was not drinking, smoking, causing trouble and I kicked out for dancing! I was a my seat on the aisle and I got kicked out for dancing and lots of other people got kicked out and/or harrassed for dancing. The folks I know, there were four (different people) that got harrassed for dancing and six (individuals) that kicked out. One dude made it back in. I paid 70 legitimate dollars and I did nothing wrong!

FUCK THE GODDAM BEACON MAN!!! Consider us fans. I have followed you from Canandaigua to Washington DC! I know most of the eastcoasters who follow you guys. I had a coalition trying to get me back in... They almost let me back in, until one bitch said something and the manager said no.

So I twirled on the sidewalk in back where we could hear the music. I am angry but not bitter... but I don't think you guys should play the BEACON theater anymore... Many people got harassed and kicked out for dancing. The one dude who was kicking me out said it, "We are not a dance hall!" THEN STOP PLAYING THE BEACON.... WE WANT TO DANCE TO YOUR MUSIC AND YOU SHOULD PLAY WHERE WE ARE ALLOWED TO DANCE. BEST BUY!!! MSG!!! WE CAN DANCE AT THESE PLACES!!!!

Peace!
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#144884 2 years, 3 months ago
Tom Banjo wrote:
Man I got kicked out for dancing! WTF? I am the most gentle and delicate dance in the world. I was not drinking, smoking, causing trouble and I kicked out for dancing! I was a my seat on the aisle and I got kicked out for dancing and lots of other people got kicked out and/or harrassed for dancing.

Very unfortunate indeed. If nothing else, there ought to be a space where people can dance in the venue. Hyperactive ushers need to be educated about the attendees of the concert. I can understand eviction for smoking, but eviction for dancing is absurd.

I've been to shows of other bands where most people sit. I'm usually not a sitter. Good music usually pulls me out of my seat.
I will find a place to dance if ushers there are restrictive. I've been a seat surfer for most of the concerts that I attend. Sometimes I don't ever make it to the designated seat on the ticket. But, I'm usually in my comfort zone.

Good luck for the rest of the run. Listen to the stream here, and dance your ass off.
Thank You Jerry
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#144905 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow! Are you serious. That's bullshit. I have never been to a show where you could not dance especially a furthur show. Does the band know that they mess with people for dancing?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#144909 2 years, 3 months ago
That is total BS. Did they warn you at all? Also, if that is the case, was anyone able to smoke anything inside or is it like a total gestapo state?
-- smell every flower --
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#144913 2 years, 3 months ago
I would be kicked out for sure thats the main reason I go in CT I just hung with the peeps in the back we whirled and twirled that is what it is allll about the hoky poky man they need to get a grip !!!!! sorry dude ... peace and keep on dancing !!!!! michelle twirling dirvish girl from albany with the cool show sweater !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#144914 2 years, 3 months ago
Are you sure you weren't kicked out for standing in the aisle?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#144918 2 years, 3 months ago
kevin wrote:
That is total BS. Did they warn you at all? Also, if that is the case, was anyone able to smoke anything inside or is it like a total gestapo state?

That does sound weird to me. i was there Monday, not in the aisle and dancing to my hearts delight. Didn't hear a word about it. i did, however, see people asked to get out of the aisles whether they were dancing or not. I don't know about cigs, but I had no trouble smokin the herb from my little bat, even though everybody around me was sitting and I was surely very visible.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, furthur640
hyjacker
Junior Boarder

#144948 2 years, 3 months ago
Did you get the ushers name. If so I can find out exactly what happened and why. Or at least the time and section and Ill find who did it.
hippieman556
Junior Boarder

#144978 2 years, 3 months ago
thats not right you should talk with the venue manager
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#145010 2 years, 3 months ago
Security has definitely gotten much tighter at the Beacon since it came under new ownership. Last night I start chatting with the guy sitting next to me, a friendly older deadhead who was there with his son. The younger guy was io his late teens or early 20s. He seemed perfectly nice, low key, no kind of troublemaker. Still, towards the end of the show a couple of security guards showed up at our row and started talking to the father who then turned to me, said, "They arrested my boy!" and left. I have no idea what the kid did but I can't imagine it was very much. The Beacon has changed quite a bit, to say the least!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds