• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

No Bob Solo threads here? What's wrong Furthur Fam

#219606 1 year, 9 months ago
Last night was special- no reviews?
Tonight will be special in LA with guests!

No one is caring much?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: No Bob Solo threads here? What's wrong Furthur Fam

#219609 1 year, 9 months ago
whathesaid_2012-12-08.gif

there's a thread on the main page with some setlists and videos but the interest doesn't seem as high
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#219610 1 year, 9 months ago
the logic seems to be pretty clear on this one. use your noggins!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#219622 1 year, 9 months ago
EXACTLY!!! Hey Cooper I'm with you! Bobby gets completely ignored here, it's fuggin BS. I love acoustic shows. Ahh well fugg it I get to see him next week live.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Denver Man.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219624 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
the logic seems to be pretty clear on this one. use your noggins!!!

My noggin is telling me Bob gets no love. Ridiculous I tell ya!!
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#219935 1 year, 9 months ago
FYI, bob is the star and frontman of Further. He has spent so much time getting better at his studio that he rips on the accustic guitar now - better than ever. The opening gala at terrapin crossroads proved this. More energy at that show then all Phil and Friends shows combined. These acoustic shows blow away last years. Not even the same caliber. I have followed Weir for decades and he is hot, hot, hot right now. The beacon run was a joke weiretivly speaking to what's up now. If you can get to one of these upcoming shows - u will see for yourself and also who ran the show during the troubled grateful years of all of our favorite band! When Jerry was down and out, and mr lesh experiencing his own daemons - there was the young gun running around screaming like a mad man and his name is bob weir. Signs of him have been plentiful the last two weeks. Scary - he must of figured out that damn soul time machine!!! Cuz it works
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, mok, patchmyfurthur, pink11
mok
Junior Boarder

#219969 1 year, 9 months ago
Totally agree with Cooper, Bob is on fire. I think the lack of streams (as far as I know) is what leads to a lack of threads, though. A lot of these set list/discussion threads are about the couch tour.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219971 1 year, 9 months ago
mok wrote:
Totally agree with Cooper, Bob is on fire. I think the lack of streams (as far as I know) is what leads to a lack of threads, though. A lot of these set list/discussion threads are about the couch tour.

I wish I knew what I was doing because I would stream the Denver show. And you are right - no stream, so set list thread and on this forum Phil and Friends takes the front seat anyway. It's fine and it's all good it's hard to not excited about the Q.
mok
Junior Boarder

#219997 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
mok wrote:

I wish I knew what I was doing because I would stream the Denver show. And you are right - no stream, so set list thread and on this forum Phil and Friends takes the front seat anyway. It's fine and it's all good it's hard to not excited about the Q.

Enjoy! We just saw him in San Diego Wednesday and it was a lot of fun. Lots of great Ratdog tunes and an unexpectedly psychedelic second set. The crowd was 100% into the Not Fade Away clapping at the set end. It was a really good time, particularly if you love Bob.
BobtheV
Fresh Boarder

#226856 1 year, 8 months ago
I gotta say that the comments that Bob is on fire mystify me a bit because I saw the Further NYE shows and one of the recent Edgefield shows. I was very happy to hear both Bobby and Phil in the mix (one could not do this when I got aboard the bus in '93).

However Bob's playing here was idiosyncratic to put it subtly. He would start a rhythm part and just as quickly not play the next round. Chords were usually proper but sparsely played. He seemed to play almost at random. Just tonight on Sirius FM I heard a '71 concert and his playing is very fluid - and good. I wonder why the change. Yes, age would be some of this of course but it is puzzlng that his playing with Furthur is so different and here he is described as being "on fire." Hard to reconcile.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by BobtheV.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds