• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
darkstarwolf
Fresh Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur at Sweetwater January 19, 2013!

#230308 1 year, 9 months ago
Hot shit (sorry mom)....Let it Grow...reminiscent of 3.24.93 Chapel Hill and Berlin 10.20.90 with that beautiful Bruce solo at the end of the song where its just him...St. Stephen...here we go...strap in...lads...HOT SHIT!!!!!!!(watching Veneta 72 in the background...totally sober and higher than i've ever been on these guys...) Cassidy and Kesey are driving the bus...Babs on the mic...man does it feel good to be a part of this...been on the bus since 91 at sixteen, and it's JUST gettin' good...

Solid, serene, cosmic, Chain...that was just about as honest a vibe as you could want. You can just feel the sincerity oozing from the axis to the ether...wait, what do they call it? Oh yeah, X-FACTOR

Gorgeous. Simply delicious. It is a good time to be a music fan in NorCal. It is going to be something so special within the next few years. Full circle from the Acid Tests to Soldier Field as the X-Factor is granted the brow of the phoenix. MLK, Woody Guthrie, Ram Das, Hoffman etc... it is reborn...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#230312 1 year, 9 months ago
Chester wrote:

Donor rap, and Brokedown palace.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#230315 1 year, 9 months ago
darkstarwolf wrote:
Hot shit (sorry mom)....Let it Grow...reminiscent of 3.24.93 Chapel Hill and Berlin 10.20.90 with that beautiful Bruce solo at the end of the song where its just him...St. Stephen...here we go...strap in...lads...HOT SHIT!!!!!!!(watching Veneta 72 in the background...totally sober and higher than i've ever been on these guys...) Cassidy and Kesey are driving the bus...Babs on the mic...man does it feel good to be a part of this...been on the bus since 91 at sixteen, and it's JUST gettin' good...

Solid, serene, cosmic, Chain...that was just about as honest a vibe as you could want. You can just feel the sincerity oozing from the axis to the ether...wait, what do they call it? Oh yeah, X-FACTOR

Gorgeous. Simply delicious. It is a good time to be a music fan in NorCal. It is going to be something so special within the next few years. Full circle from the Acid Tests to Soldier Field as the X-Factor is granted the brow of the phoenix. MLK, Woody Guthrie, Ram Das, Hoffman etc... it is reborn...

Got more of that? We've got a live one.

I imagine. I spent a month in Marin. Fairfax, Bolinas, Lagunitas; choice. Does the vibe you speak of now extend up into Redway, Mateel Center, Honeydew? Love that area, as well. And is your enthusiasm replete re this renaissance or are you somewhat unique in this perspective? When I was checking that area to live it seemed like until Ukia, was it, there were more and more tweakers the further N I lived. At any rate you and yours there are fortunate to be witnessing the TRI/ Terrapin Station, not to mention these four Sweetwater shows, and the Haight/Ashbury renaissance. What a treat. We're looking forward to Ogden in Feb. up in these here hills. Loving Slightly Stoopid from over there! peace
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#230316 1 year, 9 months ago
I think the boys are just enjoying playing with the young un's. We are witnessing a new growth from the Grateful Dead tradition that amounts to a passing of the torch. Additionally, again these men are visionaries who are changing the landscape of the music industry and it's reliance on record sales. They are essentially solving the problems digital music presents and being real in their art as opposed to enhances studio falsities. I expect they are testing the waters for what they will roll out in the future right now.

First, Jeff C. is slowly finding the missing magic that was lost when Jerry died. The guy is electric and I am seeing the magic in his fingers which is amazing. Vocally, I would say the band is weak but musically and instrumentally they are Dead on. What we are witnessing is a true morph of a band from one to the other one. An analogy I can think of would be AC/DC when they rolled out the homage album to Bon Scott with Back in Black. It was instantaneous for them and it just worked. Well Furthur is really starting to work now. At the end of the day they are looking to build another rich performance tradition in front of a lot of fans and in a lot of venues with the addition of one major channel not previously explored by any band with the exception of isolated events-- pay per view.

Furthur is driving to deliver a pay per view experience for their fans never before experienced in the music industry. In such they will be selling their live performance to millions more people's throughout the course of the performance seasons. And instead of the rote deliverance of the same show over and over like most bands perform while on tour ... further will build on the Grateful traditions by generating revenue streams beyond the CD aisle at Walmart--something every one of those other non jam bands would love to figure out!

I am just suggesting the potential of the genius of the people working on the Grateful project for so many years. In the final few decades we have living members on earth they seem humbled by what it's become and at the same time remain visionary in their music. Not bad for a bunch of acid heads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, lightchaser, Iriecycle, karenrose
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#230350 1 year, 9 months ago
These shows are up on archive
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, amusingdeva
Kevman
Junior Boarder
There is a road...no simple highway

#230417 1 year, 9 months ago
Archive.org? I looked but couldn't find them.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#230418 1 year, 9 months ago
Maybe they got taken down
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#230460 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm sorry ...sugarmegs.....I thought if pulled from archive ... I do not know how to post link.
GOOD LOVE
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#230544 1 year, 9 months ago
seriously, bob and phil have really done a great thing with Terrapin Crossroads, and the Sweetwater, not just for furthur, or their respective bands, but for all bay area musicians, and music lovers.
they only downside, as a music lover, is that i cant afford to go to all the shows that i want to go to. but thats a good problem to have.

cant wait to see what the future holds.
i would like to see mickey and billy bands do runs at Sweetwater. it wouldnt be as much demand as furthur, but im sure they would sell the place out.
or DNB. , jesus i should go check out the calander, and see whats even up.
Chester
More or less in line

#230549 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, I don't think they are up on the archives yet. I checked and can't find any shows newer than the NYE run.
But you can find copies of the videos with great sound on Youtube.
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Fur......1ac.1.AVWjD0Q55Jk
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds