• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: FurthurFlower's TXR Review! :)

#247251 1 year, 6 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Welcome back. Doesn't the time just fly? Thanks for sharing your experiences from your journey! Did you get to hear Big Steve telling jokes at Sweetwater? I thought that would have been a highlight. There were about 4 jokes that we heard on the stream. In case you missed it, he told the punchline of why fish left the sea to come on land. They smoked all the sea weed!

We missed the start of the Moonalice show but I was able to see him come out after set break. God I love that guy!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#247254 1 year, 6 months ago
Started the day Friday out at Stinson Beach....
883265_435318753220232_1771662736_o.jpg

While grabbing a bite to eat at the local cafe there was a circle rainbow around the sun
893410_435318953220212_356412043_o.jpg

View of Terrapin with the Palm Trees
883468_435319129886861_676251459_o.jpg

Thank you Phil!!
77977_435318989886875_1417402005_o.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, Strider1
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#247255 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Thanks, guys, for all the advice about persuading Mrs. E. And I do agree with you that SF is one of the most gorgeous cities in this country.

My problem is that my wife has spent way too much time out west. She lived in Silver Lake for a while and more to the point she spent at least five years in a VW bus with a boyfriend who paid their way selling crafts in parking lots at GD shows. In a word she's a purist. Once Jerry died she definitely felt less of a connection to the music. Now she's seen plenty of Ratdog/Phil/Other Ones/Dead/Furthur shows and she's enjoyed them all. But to her, the idea of traveling coast to coast to see Phil play a bar is kind of incomprehensible.

Of course she's completely tolerant of me roaming around the east coast in search of that perfect jam. It's just that she doesn't want to be bothered. These days when we travel around the country it's mostly for baseball games. You can a learn a lot about a city by spending a few days in its local ballpark and we're trying to see all of them.

And there are some very significant ballparks on the west coast. At some point we have to do Giants Stadium and we're agreed that when we do that there's no point in flying all that way and just going home after a few days. So who knows?

AT&T Park for Jerry Day!!!! Get that bobble head and while shes resting at the hotel that night go on down to the late bar jam at Terrapin to celebrate Jerry!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, Sustainabill
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#247256 1 year, 6 months ago
A view from Saturday night by the bar line
883136_435319419886832_1164805358_o.jpg

A shot from the FOJC brunch on Sunday
892306_435319906553450_497484080_o.jpg

Moonalice's free show at Sweetwater on Sunday
882874_435320219886752_1325105178_o.jpg

I'm fell in love with Jason on Sunday!
882704_435320589886715_435653902_o.jpg

KrisP, Deadheadland, and Me Saturday night I believe
578028_434237956661645_1926115579_n.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, Strider1
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#247258 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks to Taper Joe for 03-16-13_Bread Box ... It's been a while since I've heard Bread Box performed live!

Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#247263 1 year, 6 months ago
It was a great performance too. I think he opened his set with it. Really enjoyed getting to know Stu better.
Really nice guy too. Met him and talked for a while after the set.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, FurthurFlower67
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#247264 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Thanks, guys, for all the advice about persuading Mrs. E. And I do agree with you that SF is one of the most gorgeous cities in this country.
These days when we travel around the country it's mostly for baseball games. You can a learn a lot about a city by spending a few days in its local ballpark and we're trying to see all of them.

And there are some very significant ballparks on the west coast. At some point we have to do Giants Stadium and we're agreed that when we do that there's no point in flying all that way and just going home after a few days. So who knows?

Baseball and Furthur: Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!

In 2010 I attended two Furthur shows in Brooklyn, saw the Grateful Dead Archive exhibit at the New York Historical Society, and watched the Seattle Mariners (and Cliff Lee) beat the Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
I took the $30 bus ride to Boston, and the commuter train to Lowell, MA for another Furthur show. After a day exploring Lowell - it seems like they knew how to make energy from the river when the factories were booming - I went to Boston and watched the Red Sox beat the Orioles at Fenway Park. Before the game, I took the tour of Fenway, and it was definitely worth learning about the history of that historic venue. My flight didn't leave until later on the next day, so I wandered around Boston, Cambridge, and Harvard while absorbing lots of history with an after-show glow.

The ballparks in Seattle and San Francisco are outstanding! Unfortunately, Seattle is far from any other city with a major league team. However, there are a few minor league stadiums between Seattle and San Francisco. When I attended Jerry Garcia Night at AT&T Park in 2011, I also went to see the Mickey Hart Band at the Independent in San Francisco, and the M.U.S.E. concert at Shoreline. I missed Jerry Day in 2011, but I hope to attend some time. This year the 11th Annual Jerry Day takes place on August 4, 2013 at Jerry Garcia Amphitheater in McLaren Park, San Francisco. Jerry Day and Jerry Garcia Bobblehead Night usually take place during the Days Between. The Giants are home August 5 for a 4-game series against the Brewers, and they open a series against Baltimore on August 9th. No special promotions have been announced yet. Have fun in your adventures!
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#247303 1 year, 6 months ago
I'm glad you got to see Fenway. An essential destination for any baseball freak. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the original Yankee Stadium. That had the same kind of aura as Fenway, that sense that you're surrounded by ghosts and history. The new one's very nice, of course -- I saw McCartney there in 2011 -- but it's just not the same. As for wandering around Boston, it's a great pleasure, isn't it? I'm lucky that a lot of college friends have moved up there so I've had plenty of high, high times in the city and the surrounding areas.

As for west coast ballparks, the two I most want to see are Dodger Stadium -- home of Koufax and all that -- and AT&T. I'd love to catch a Jerry Day. Those bobbleheads are a riot. This will happen. The biggest problem is blocking out the time. Between checking out ballparks (there's also the Angels and the Padres) and catching up with friends and family who have relocated out there, we could easily end up spending three weeks. That's a major chunk of time and money. Like I say, though, this will happen. Somehow.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#247305 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Equinox wrote:
These days when we travel around the country it's mostly for baseball games. You can a learn a lot about a city by spending a few days in its local ballpark and we're trying to see all of them.

To heck with California, it looks like the Rockies have a couple of good home games right around the third weekend in September.

colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/index....amp;calendar=DEFAULT

I'd love to do Red Rocks. Again, Mrs. E. is less enthused as she saw the GD there a few times in the 80s. It looks beautiful. A tour buddy of mine -- actually the guy who introduced me to my wife -- relocated out to Denver to be closer to his wife's aging parents. So every once in a while he sends me a photo of his family wandering around Red Rocks. It's really breathtaking.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247307 1 year, 6 months ago
If you go to Dodger stadium be sure to take a taser with you

The Rockies are chumps but Coors Field is a magnificent ball park.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds