• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Port Chester, NY April 25, 2013!

#256401 1 year, 6 months ago
Damn looks like Bobby had a little too much of somethin, can't say I haven't been there myself, I hope him all the best on his shoulder pain or whatever else may have been the culprit. I wish I didn't just watch that video and I can't help feeling shocked that the band continued to play when he toppled over, guess they have their reasons and what not but I just couldn't personally think of a situation in my life where I would watch my best friend fall flat on his ass without me stopping everything I was doing to help him out. Shit I'd do that for damn near anybody but like I said I don't know the details and doubt I ever will. ((((((((Healing Vibes Bobby)))))))) Take care of yerself man we love you and appreciate all you do
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo, RowTimmy
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#256409 1 year, 6 months ago
listening to the jackals "WOOOHOOO" ing to a sub-par UBC while weir strokes out in a chair is laughable and nauseating all at once
Chester
More or less in line

#256467 1 year, 6 months ago
I cannot, and will not watch the video. I wish it wasn't posted everywhere. Bobby needs support from his fans right now.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, Cub, kevin, deadegad, patchmyfurthur, Molly Leigh
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#256471 1 year, 6 months ago
This is what happens when you are on a fentanyl patch, take a muscle relaxer and have a couple beers. He must be in a LOT of pain to the point the meds aren't managing it and he's trying to supplement with a little alcohol. He needs to see a DR and get his meds right this is not the first time we have seen this either. He's got to be fatigued, taking the muscle relaxer and planning to crash right after the show to hide from the pain as much as possible...unfortunately the fatigue is what is making his physical response unpredictable.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Typ0.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#256480 1 year, 6 months ago
I have faith that Bob will get help and make it back strong! He's resilient. He hasn't lost an ounce of that resilience in 48 years!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#256484 1 year, 6 months ago
THE END IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.

pack up the furthur cases, get our your ratpuppy t shirts.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#256485 1 year, 6 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
listening to the jackals "WOOOHOOO" ing to a sub-par UBC while weir strokes out in a chair is laughable and nauseating all at once

i'm willing to bet you there is a contingent of people who were claiming "best show ever!!!" after the show/

"weir killed it!!!"
OZA
Senior Boarder

#256492 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah I just watched that video.. That was bad. I'm questioning why the band played on, and why the stage managers brought out a chair rather than bringing Bobby in to make sure he's alright. I think the answer is the same as Bobby's reasoning for playing a show when Jerry died - he said something along the lines of "our departed friend said good music makes sad times better". That quote is so true. What could the band members have done for Bobby in the end? Bobby would probably have wanted them to play on rather than letting his overindulgence completely ruin the night for the crowd and his bandmates.

Sounds like everybody is going to have a case of the nerves tomorrow. I'm so hoping Bobby is alright..
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by OZA.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#256493 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
Yeah I just watched that video.. That was bad. I'm questioning why the band played on, and why the stage managers brought out a chair rather than bringing Bobby in to make sure he's alright. I think the answer is the same as Bobby's reasoning for playing a show when Jerry died - he said something along the lines of "our departed friend said good music makes sad times better". That quote is so true. What could the band members have done for Bobby in the end? Bobby would probably have wanted them to play on rather than letting his overindulgence completely ruin the night for the crowd and his bandmates.

Sounds like everybody is going to have a case of the nerves tomorrow. I'm so hoping Bobby is alright..

BECAUSE IT WAS PROBABLY SELF INFLICTED. THEY PROBABLY WAITED FOR THAT MOMENT TO HAPPEN. THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS, YOU DON'T STOP THE SHOW.
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#256500 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:

Because they all knew what was going on and he was OK just reacting to pain meds. Plus, there is an entire staff of stage hands to take care of the situation. They behaved like the professionals they are. If there was no one there to help him they would have.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds