• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
jbili
Junior Boarder

Gnomes and Hobbits

#256914 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone I'm glad to see the forums are back up.
How are the flac downloads from Gnomes and Hobbits for this past tour.
I hope they finally got it right, would love to purchase a download from AC and others but not if they still sound tinny and shallow.

Thanks
Joe
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: Gnomes and Hobbits

#256943 11 months, 2 weeks ago
I don't know about the downloaded but I bought a CD of the 21 and there is a terrible distortion of high tones. Really Sucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbili
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#257808 11 months, 2 weeks ago
If you have shortterm memory loss, you'll be fine. What I mean is that as long as you cannot remember what SBDs were like just a few years ago, then you won't notice how limp and dull they are now. They're compressed to death; no dynamics, no imaging, and little instrument separation. Blocks of sound that are like transcoded MP3s. After I listened to a couple of them, I got used to it. It's like buying a crappy set of speakers and thinking they sound great because you don't have a good set for reference (Klipsch lives on such situations). Sorry to get offtrack there. Yeah, they sound poopy.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbili
jbili
Junior Boarder

#258381 11 months, 1 week ago
Thanks
Maybe I'll try a Bob Weir and RatDog Quartet, hopefully that will sound good.
Can't stand paying for garbage.
Hopefully I'll be able to swing buying a pair of Ascend Sierra towers in the near future
American made to boot
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds