• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist TurtleRock (Part 2) at TXR May 11, 2013

#257705 1 year, 5 months ago
We're lucky to have people like eight and taperrob. We'd miss a lot of awesome music otherwise. I loved the two shows today...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, GratefulRose
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#257712 1 year, 5 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
To me, the encore was this 2 hour free show in the Grate Room as the nightcap to a 2 hour brunch show in the bar. We are fortunate to receive the performance and the stream. In gratitude, Goodnight to all. Happy Mothers' Day. Come back for Telstar tomorrow night.

I wasn't complaining, I just thought since Phil did donor rap there may be an encore.

I also wanted to hear more. This was originally scheduled to be a bar show. The format of bar shows seems to be different as donor raps and encores seem to be rarely, if ever, included. As soon as the Not-Faders started clapping along, I wanted them to stop. It seems that the clapping often makes the band disappear. This night it ended the show! I did not hear the donor rap. I thought Phil introduced the members of the band to end the night.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#257724 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks to philzone.org and shagrophobia (Clifton_hanger) on Sunday, May 12, 2013 for

the place was less than half full until about 9:00, and never seemed especially packed. I think anybody who showed up without an obvious sociopathic illness got in.

fun show. the guitar army definitely pushed each other, trading off leads. perhaps occasionally some more rhythm guitar could have been useful, but the trio and Jeff pretty much covered it.

I shouldn't grouse about a maybe-100-minute encore-less set starting 1-1/4 hours after what I thought was the announced start time, when the show is free, so I'll refrain, and merely note that I had a good time and am thankful those guys played in the big room and didn't charge. you'd think Casal would have wanted to jam longer, since he's not playing any of the for-pay shows, I don't think.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#257759 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks to deadheadland ‏@deadheadland for
Sitting on Top of the World

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#257761 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks to Cory Ferber ‏@coryferber for
Phil & Friends playing Turtle Rock 2 in Grate Room at @TerrapinXroads 5/11/13

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Sustainabill.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds