• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Canandaigua, NY on July 19, 2013

#272414 9 months, 1 week ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
May the four winds blow you all safely home. I was checking in on the setlist tonight while I was out and then saw that the lightning cut it short. Out of curiosity for anyone that was there, were there more people than last year? I remember at one point being on the lawn last year and seeing a TON of empty reserved seats.

It looked full to me. People were out on the highway looking for tickets as I came in (and I didn't get the idea they were 'give me free ticket' types). Several of these shows seemed very slow to sellout but eventually did and then became tight tickets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, doin_that_rag
Chester
More or less in line

#272418 9 months, 1 week ago
rippleish20 wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:
May the four winds blow you all safely home. I was checking in on the setlist tonight while I was out and then saw that the lightning cut it short. Out of curiosity for anyone that was there, were there more people than last year? I remember at one point being on the lawn last year and seeing a TON of empty reserved seats.

It looked full to me. People were out on the highway looking for tickets as I came in (and I didn't get the idea they were 'give me free ticket' types). Several of these shows seemed very slow to sellout but eventually did and then became tight tickets.

Yeah, not sold out, but a little more full than last year.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#272426 9 months, 1 week ago
Perhaps my buddy who was there just had a bad night from listening to others take on the show. yet as history can attest, some think certain shows are the best others can say they were terrible. From what I listened to I will say that anyone who makes the famous statement of "THe Best" or "Epic" as platitudes must have been listening to a CD of another show. Not keen on the new way they seem to play jack Straw now. Masons did not sound as tite as I have heard before. Esau was ok. Personally I am not a big fan of Box, so I would have beaten the line to piss for that one. Any road is a catchy tune.

Here is a question. I notice that when they get spacey in a playin, there is a tendancy of noodling without any form. Anyone have an answer why Furthur has not figured out how to space it out as organized chaos like the Dead could? Just an observation. no biggie.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272432 9 months, 1 week ago
Island Head wrote:
Hey gang

Sorry we had to cut the show short tonight- there was an issue with the ongoing lightning strikes around the venue. As always, the first concern of the band, the promoters, and the venue is to protect the safety of the public so when we were asked to stop the show and to ask you all to go to your cars and go home for your own safety, we agreed.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience, and may the four winds blow you safely home.

After making this original announcement, Phil returned to the microphone to clarify,
That's what I'm asked to tell you ... This is not a parking issue, it's a safety issue. It's a safety issue. The powers that be that run this place, have decided it is an emergency so we have to go along with that.
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by Sustainabill.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272437 9 months, 1 week ago
Although it is unfortunate that the show was ended early due to lightning hazards. I prefer to know that someone had to make a tough call and the decision was to be safe rather than sorry. None of us want to hear or read about disastrous lightning strikes killing anyone, especially at a Furthur concert. I do not know how far in advance this was anticipated, but perhaps the band may choose to have a festival type set list as a backup for situations like this. Instead of having close to an hour of break time, skip the break, and play one long set to try and complete the show before the hazard appears. A contingency plan like this would rarely be needed, but it probably would have been appropriate last night.
Thank You Jerry
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#272438 9 months, 1 week ago
Sorry I have sat through much more extreme weather than that, yes I do not know the whole story but in my opinion that was way too conservative of a call, especially once they called it the lightning and even the rain had stopped. You delay the show if you must but cancelling is a terrible move and I am sticking with that opinion.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#272440 9 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Sorry I have sat through much more extreme weather than that, yes I do not know the whole story but in my opinion that was way too conservative of a call, especially once they called it the lightning and even the rain had stopped. You delay the show if you must but cancelling is a terrible move and I am sticking with that opinion.

I am with you on this one DM. The Rochester baseball game was delayed 30 minutes then finished.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272441 9 months, 1 week ago
I do not understand why some of the comments and observations seem to reflect a bit of schadenfreude.
There is no joy in Mudville, the mighty Casey has struck out. The music stopped!
Thank You Jerry
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#272443 9 months, 1 week ago
Sustainabill wrote:
I do not understand why some of the comments and observations seem to reflect a bit of schadenfreude.
There is no joy in Mudville, the mighty Casey has struck out. The music stopped!

Bill, I am not implying joy in the suffering of others if an unfortunate accident happened. By the time my buddy made it to the parking lot, everything was pretty much over. Plus i am one never to tempt the possibility of a lightening strike. It is a lethal situation. The weather was predicted all day and it hit right when they thought it would. I agree with your contingency plan of just play for a couple of hours without a break. then it would have been solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
fiddy
Fresh Boarder

#272448 9 months, 1 week ago
Wasnt the best setlist.
At the bottom of all the shows ive seen.
Sorry guys.
Time to create page: 1.21 seconds