• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Wharfratross69
Junior Boarder
I'll get up and fly away

Re: CONTEST: SET LIST PREDICTION GAME ALL GOOD 7/20

#272541 1 year, 3 months ago
OMSN
Cassidy
Lovelite

Truckin
Other One
Sugar Mags

US Blues

1) Good Lovin 1/closer
2) St. Stephen 2/opener
3) Viola Lee 2/opener
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#272561 1 year, 3 months ago
My thought for scoring this round was to eliminate the 2nd set closer and encore slots so that means songs in those 2 slots will be counted as one point. Hope that is an ok strategy..

Also for clarity sake, songs picked in the wild card slots get 2 points if they are played anywhere in the set other than the set opener or closer.

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong thread
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Denver Man.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272759 1 year, 3 months ago
7/20 RESULTS:

Cosmic Cookie - 9

Denver man - 8
Sustainabill - 8
pink11 - 8

rollawaythedew - 7
dr bakes - 7

Wharfratross69 - 6

patchmyfurthur - 5
23atwell - 5

Straws - 4
strev - 4
Sunshine Sue - 4

nycdave - 3
Chester - 3

newyawker - 2
jim2794 - 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Straws, pink11
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272760 1 year, 3 months ago
FINAL STANDINGS

straws - 56
wharfratross69 - 55

nycdave - 49
Sunshine Sue - 46
dr bakes - 46
rollawaythedew - 46
Sustainabill - 42
Chester - 41
Denver man - 40
23atwell - 39
patchmyfurthur - 35
Chrismurray416 - 34
Cosmic Cookie - 31
strev - 30
jim2794 - 26
pink11 - 24
MS half-step - 24
newyawker - 22
Griff - 21
MushroomMan - 19
cosmictuna - 8
LB dowling - 6
ICantFindMyFace - 6
b-rad - 2
sugaree1 - 2
acidtestgraduate - 2
cub - 2
Vinnie - 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Sustainabill, nycdave, Straws, CosmicCookie, pink11
Chester
More or less in line

#272762 1 year, 3 months ago
Congratulations straws! And thank you Denver Man for running the game! Thanks to all who played for the competition.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Sustainabill, nycdave, Straws
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272763 1 year, 3 months ago
Congrats to Straws and wharfratross! Right down to the 2nd set of the last show!! You guys are tough competitors every tour!

Now I cannot do killer tie dyes like Emily but I will figure something out for prizes here this week and will PM the winners.

Many thanks to everyone for playing, as always it was a lot of fun.

See you this fall!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Sustainabill, nycdave, Straws
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#272766 1 year, 3 months ago
Thank you Denver Man for keeping this going. As part of your reward for doing this you got to listen to lots of people (including me) complain about how "we was robbed!" Remember that no good deed goes unpunished. You handled all of this with equanimity and grace.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#272775 1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks a bunch DenverMan! Love playin!

(I think I should have 9 for last night, might be counting wrong, the only reason I care is that it'd make me the leader for a show and that'd just be really cool
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Straws
Junior Boarder

#272805 1 year, 3 months ago
Denver Man - thanks for keeping this going! We all appreciate all the work that goes into this. I was fun ~ remember "It is better to be lucky than good!" See you on the bus...
Ride in the whalebelly, Fade away in moonlight, Sink beneath the waters, To the coral sands below, Now is the time of returning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272806 1 year, 3 months ago
Round 8 - All Good Music Festival - Prediction Game Recap

Straws Wins!

Thanks a bunch DenverMan! Love playin!
(I think I should have 9 for last night, might be counting wrong, the only reason I care is that it'd make me the leader for a show and that'd just be really cool - CosmicCookie

While too far back in the pack to finish in front, CosmicCookie was still determined to finish this round with momentum leading up to Fall Tour. Upon Furthur Review, it appears as though 9 points by CosmicCookie awards the wearing of the tie dye jersey as winner of the round. DenverMan, pink11, and Sustainabill finished the round just a point behind CosmicCookie after the score revision. The pack was bunched for the round, and there was little change of position.

Straws maintained the high score and finished with 56 points, while wharfratross69 made up some ground but came up just one point short at 55. nycdave captured third place with 49 points; just 3 points back was the group of dr bakes, SunshineSue, and rollawaythrdew at 46. Sustainabill followed with 42, Chester with 41, and DenverMan and 23atwell finished with 40 to round out the top ten finishers.

Congratulations to Straws and wharfratross69! Every tour you're right up there at the top. Enjoy your victories because soon you'll be watching out for the up-and-coming champions like CosmicCookie, pink11, as well as some of those other folks in the top ten! Thanks to DenverMan for keeping score, and promoting our enjoyment! May the Rules Committee consider and accept the Rare Song Pick idea. Unlike the technical difficulties that prevented posting for a show on the spring tour, the weather emergency shortened a show and some scoring for this tour. This game is like life, like Grateful Dead, it is what it is, warts and all.

Denver Man - thanks for keeping this going! We all appreciate all the work that goes into this. I was fun ~ remember "It is better to be lucky than good!" See you on the bus... - Straws

Round 8 - Canandaigua - The Music Stopped - Recap

I can't believe that I have been calling Liberty as the encore all tour and finally when it looks like it was going to be they get cut short. Ahhhhhh.......the irony of life.
Sorry that things got cut short for ya friends. It sort of leaves the universe not quite right. - Griff

An emergency declared by the venue's management abruptly ended this concert. This safety issue cut short a strong performance by straws as he led the pack with a score of 8 points and enters the final round with the honor of wearing the tie dye jersey, and in first place overall. nycdave continued his quest for victory with a strong score of 7 points in this emergency-shortened round. Mission in the Rain, Box of Rain and Mountains of the Moon were unclaimed orphan songs.

A perfect score could provide 20 points to the successful player. Though not very likely, it is possible that an entrant with a score of at least 30 points could still be victorious. Straws holds a narrow 3 point lead over Wharfratross69, and nycdave is only 6 points off the pace. All other competitors are 10 or more points behind the leader and in need of very strong scoring. May you experience a strong performance in today's tour closer!

Round 7 - Boston Sing-Along Night 2 - Recap

The first set of this show provided some surprising obstacles for most contestants. Only 12 points were tallied by 7 of the 21 entrants, and 7 of those points were accumulated by 5 contestants on the Alligator opener. Built to Last and Big Railroad Blues were orphan songs in this set as no one claimed them.

This show proved to be difficult for most until late in the 2nd set when Morning Dew opened the floodgates with 13 entrants scoring 18 points. For many this was their first correct call of the night. The scoring remained low until the 2nd encore of Touch of Grey which brought 22 points to 14 of the pack of 21.

Wharfratross69 overtook SunshineSue for the lead on Touch of Grey, and led the tightly grouped pack with a score of 7. Patchmyfurthur, SunshineSue, and Sustainabill finished just a point behind the leader. Wharfratross69 once again has the privilege of wearing the tie dye jersey as winner of a round for the third time this tour.

Wharfratross69 has inched 2 points ahead of Straws in the overall standings with 46 points. SunshineSue has caught up with dr bakes at 37 points for a tie at 3rd place while the leaders have created more space between them and the rest of the pack. With 2 more rounds to go, the outcome is still uncertain. A new leader could still emerge from the pack, but the time is getting short. Good luck to all!

Round 6 - Boston Sing-Along Night 1 - Recap

Joyful singing from the audience provided the spark for SushineSue to capture the first of two rounds in Boston. This proved to be a close contest as rollawaythedew and Wharfratross69 were just a point behind her score of 9. May she enjoy her night wearing the tie dye jersey as winner of the round.

The victory by SunshineSue moved her ahead of Chester in the overall standings into third place. Just a point ahead of her is dr bakes, but Straws and wharfratross69 have moved furthur ahead of the pack by a comfortable 7-point margin. It has not yet become a two-horse race, but with the tour winding down, there is little time left for a miracle finish. Anything is possible especially with songs from earlier in the tour starting to reappear in the shows.

With 3 shows remaining, a dark horse could still emerge as the winner. Three perfect scores of 20 would probably be enough for a newcomer to become victorious!

Round 5 - Gilford - Recap

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right For Sustainabill that place was Gilford, NH. After posting nearly identical set list predictions for three consecutive shows, I finally had the light all shinin' on me as 8 of 10 picks were played. Scoring 14 points propelled Sustainabill into the top ten, and awards the tie dye leader's jersey for this round. This show proved to be a high scoring affair for several others as ChrisMurray416, dr bakes, and Straws each had scores of 11. Several others also had favorable tallies.

Straws and wharfratross69 pulled a little bit furthur ahead of the pack with cumulative scores of 32 and 31, respectively. dr bakes has settled into third place with 26 points, and Chester follows the leaders with 24. The front of the pack has stretched its lead, but it's still anybody's game as a dozen players have the opportunity to be catapulted into the lead with a high-scoring round. The next round of this marathon is tonight in Boston. Good luck to all!

Round 4 - Cooperstown - Recap

Wharfratross69 has hit his stride and is setting the pace as he led the pack with a score of 7 at Cooperstown. 23atwell and DenverMan were right behind him with 6 points, and Straws rounded out the top finishers with 5 points.

Wharfratross69 is in a familiar position at the top of the leader board as he moved into a tie with Straws at 21 points. 23atwell has joined Chester and rollawaythedew with 17 points as the pack seems to be settling into leaders and losers. But anything can happen as we approach the midpoint, and a perfect score of 20 could boost anyone into the thick of it.

Round 3 - Philadelphia - Recap

This round ended in a 3-way tie for the lead as Chester, rollawaythedew, and Straws each finished with 7 points. They all wear their tie-dyed jerseys as winners of this round as they enter the Cooperstown Round. Straws has overtaken MushroomMan as the overall leader with 16 points. Wharfratross69 has moved into second place with a score of 14, and Chester and rollawaythedew follow close behind with 13 points each.

Round 2 - Holmdel - Recap

DenverMan and Wharfratross69 were 2 of 5 in the pack of 23 who correctly chose Truckin as the show opener. DenverMan had the hot hand in the first set as he also correctly chose a wild card pick and the closer. Before the night was over, Wharfratross69 would catch DenverMan as he called 2 bonus picks in their exact locations. They finished the round in a tie for the lead with 7 points, and today they sport their tie dye jerseys as co-winners of round 2.

MushroomMan continued to lead the overall standings as he scored 5 points to bring his total score to 11. 23atwell, rollawaythedew, and Straws only trail MushroomMan by 2 points, and the rest of the pack is not far behind.

Round 1 - Brooklyn - Recap

The first set opener, Feel Like a Stranger, quickly brought 2 points to 23atwell, AcidTestGraduate, and MushroomMan. 23atwell proceeded to burst ahead of the pack as he scored 4 more points in the first set. MushroomMan and rollawaythedew each ended the first set with 3 points in a tie for second place.

MushroomMan continued to show the consistency that he exhibited during the spring tour as he scored another 3 points in the second set while rollawaythedew scored 2 points and 23atwell got shut out. These 3 now lead the pack of 22 with 23atwell and MushroomMan sharing the lead as winners of the Brooklyn show. rollawaythedew is just 1 point behind, and all competitors, including those who have not yet begun, still have excellent chances in the prediction game. Have fun!
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Straws, CosmicCookie
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds