• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist - Furthur Thornville Oh. July 20th, 2013

#272701 1 year, 3 months ago
Bill with your ability to experience energy from a show and grok real time stimulation from the energy at a show why even bother going to a show? This all sounds awesome but I think it would be more fun to go to a show and listen to the music.
But hey whatever works,, may the force be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#272703 1 year, 3 months ago
Wow that second set looks really, really good. I'm gonna have to hear that ASAP. Pretty cool additions... Looking forward to hearing Lovelight w Grace Potter.
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#272705 1 year, 3 months ago
WOW!
What an AMAZING show to end the tour!

Actually got SHUT OUT on the couch, (HAHA) but that is o.k, I guess reception was the issue.

Just wanted to say THANKS to all you heads for keeping the setlists, and the prediction game and an extra BIG ThankS to all the streamers who graced us that couldn't be there in the flesh.

So really lucky to have heard so much!

I think lack of Rob made deadheads more resourceful and organized for the future.

We listened to the spacy wild Telstar from archives last night, and are looking forward to Jerrys Birthday bash and Telstar coming up from Phils in near future and

Am excited to be GOING to INTERLOCKEN. I wonder what the cell reception is like there?????

Phil said at New Years that 2013 was gonna be a good year for Deadheads, (not in those words) and it sure has been INCREDIBLE so far, and technology too, sharing the streams and Sweetwater and TRI and Terrapin x.

ALL TOO GOOD!

We are so lucky!

Happy Sunday all!
(we even have "Tales from the Golden Road" on Sirius later today, my cup runneth over!)

THANKS!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272709 1 year, 3 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Bill with your ability to experience energy from a show and grok real time stimulation from the energy at a show why even bother going to a show? This all sounds awesome but I think it would be more fun to go to a show and listen to the music.
But hey whatever works,, may the force be with you

There is nothing like being there with receptors wide open to experience the actual show. With a consciousness of my carbon footprint from touring combined with a scarcity of money, I have not attended many shows since West Coast Fall Tour of 2011. Other than 6 shows from the last 2 runs for New Years Eve, I only went to the Seattle show on September 25, 2012.

The charge that I got from the 2012 NYE run and 2 free shows at TXR boosted my reserves to levels previously unreached! I did not touch ground until the end of January! This music is powerful! At TXR, a woman recognized me from the shows, asked if I knew who Ram Dass was, and told me that at the shows, I was a beacon (like Ram Dass)! I thoroughly enjoy the music live at shows! I want to reach the proper vibration and be one with the music, just leave this bag of water, and join the musical journey. Then the force is with me, and I can become the spirit of the show! Grateful Dead makes me happy.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, pink11
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#272710 1 year, 3 months ago
^^^my guess for the reception at Interlocken is that it won't be great. I could be wrong, but it's kind of in the middle of nowhere Virginia near the blue ridge mountains
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#272715 1 year, 3 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
^^^my guess for the reception at Interlocken is that it won't be great. I could be wrong, but it's kind of in the middle of nowhere Virginia near the blue ridge mountains

vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/

800-986 oak ridge road, 22922 - appears to be 4 solid bars of 4G service! hopefully someone interested in streaming will be on Verizon service! Otherwise we'll all be relegated to Bill's method of cold, or hot storage and the MIT experiments - which by the way did show evidence of changes to peoples states of being - from roughly 200 miles away, while they played. they reprinted all this in, I think it was '84 in color glossy printed, really nice tour programs. I still have mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, doin_that_rag, pink11
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#272718 1 year, 3 months ago
clutch_cargo, thank you for the research. I stand (sit behind my computer screen) corrected. I grew up about an hour and a half away from there in Richmond, so I just assumed it wouldn't have great service. Looks like now, the bigger key will be keeping the phones charged to stream during the festival.

I would love if they would do a webcast of the festival for like $25 or something. There are so many great acts there, it'd be great to give everyone the chance to hear 'em.
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, St.Stephenhead
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#272795 1 year, 3 months ago
Been awhile since I've posted here, this show was awesome!! I was front row dancing shoes on and was unbelievable.. My last furthur show was RR but this defiantly had high points.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#272886 1 year, 3 months ago
Sounds like a great show and great way to end the tour.

Surprised to see another 1/2 Step after they played it in Boston just two night before.

Love the concept of using the force when there is no stream, I will try that next time.......

Until September.........
willi b
Fresh Boarder

#272931 1 year, 3 months ago
Got 1st set on video and stranger from set 2. Will upload to youtube soon.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds