• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
letitgro
Senior Boarder
They wouldn't let me have the ' w '

Re: Set List- Phil & Friends, Penn's Peak, 7/24/2013

#274039 12 months ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
I was at the show. A few thoughts.

Couch touring is fun, but you quickly remember HOW MUCH BETTER it is to be AT the show.

Weather was perfect
Venue was perfect
Lots and lots of people were looking for tickets. I scored two face value tickets in the lot.
Security was chill.
Great shakedown for a small show

The set list speaks for itself, regarding jams . . . .

Even when things got weird . . . it was coherent and could be followed. Russo and Phil were unbelievable last night. Russo was a maniac. Seriously . . . I can't say I have seen him light up like he did last night. I am curious to see how that translates to the recordings.

Scofield is having a ball. He is just standing there drop jawed the whole time smiling ear to ear. After the show Phil threw some fist pumps up with the audience closing out NFA. I swear I lip read him looking at John and saying "can you effing believe this" Every band member high fived and hugged. I get the sense that they all walked away from this one thinking "that was over the top cool" I can't say I have seen Phil this animated since The Dead Philly Spring 09 at the Spectrum when after Dew the crowd went nuts for 2 minutes and Phil walked up to the mic and said . . . man I forgot how much energy this place has.

I have to agree with you. Those last few minutes after they stopped playing and the crowd into the NFA chant and then the return of the energy first from Phil and then spreading to the others on stage was bordering on magical.
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#274051 12 months ago
I'll add one more comment: IMHO this was the best Phil and Friends show I've seen since the glory days of The Q.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#274069 12 months ago
Glad to see others interpreted it the same way.
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#274090 12 months ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
I was at the show. A few thoughts.

I can't say I have seen Phil this animated since The Dead Philly Spring 09 at the Spectrum when after Dew the crowd went nuts for 2 minutes and Phil walked up to the mic and said . . . man I forgot how much energy this place has.

I wasn't at this show but I was at the Portchester shows. After the second show, Phil wrapped his arms around Russo and kissed him on the head. And then he did the a donor rap, rambling about the energy of the place, etc. Phil seems to be having an incredible time at these shows...
thebends
Junior Boarder

#274102 12 months ago
Show was awsome. very cool venue and good vibes
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#274117 12 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I'll add one more comment: IMHO this was the best Phil and Friends show I've seen since the glory days of The Q.

Great show, great venue, great vibes from the moment I got there,great weather (actually cold in the upper 50's after the show),
Ran into some old friends and saw Phil drive right past me going into the show in the passenger seat of a white limo with blue top.

Loose Lucy was the craziest I've ever seen. Entire first set was smoking hot

Nice Deal to close the first set, Eyes was really stellar, 2nd set highlight for me.

Scofield is a freaking genius who totally stole the show in my opinion.

all in all, GREAT SHOW

-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 12 months ago by kevin.
Cub
Senior Boarder

#274278 12 months ago
Once again,
a "Dead-Belt" venue's vibe is remembered, recalled, and then re-expressed thru the music played 25 years later.

Now that's Too COOL for SCHOOL

Dead Belt per Other 1's:
Spectrum, Brendan Barn, MSG & Nassau Coliseum, Hartford Civic & Boston's Garden

Spectrum January 5th 1979 make-up show .......Not Fade Away....
Last Edit: 12 months ago by Cub.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds