• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

The Monkees

#278836 1 year, 2 months ago
went and saw them at Benaroya Hall Saturday. After enjoying the fine weather here & some activities in town--Dykes v Drag Queens Baseball, Hempfest shenanigans, Bike Polo cats at the tennis courts--and some fine refreshments Triple Door, the show really made the nut. Peter, Mickey, & Mike (rockin\' the Gretsch 12-string) are great musicians and fine entertainers. they had a stellar backing band, including a great player on keys and sax who led some extended jams on some tunes from Head. they played a lot of the Boyce, Hart, Venet and Diamond classics as well as a lot of tunes written by band. they had a huge screen behind them which played clips from the shows, Head, publicity stills, interviews & whatnot which added to the music. it was a riot. a good crowd too, lots of gals and dudes in \'60s schwag. the show was capped off with some people from the crowd leading Daydream Believer on stage......just the right amount of cornball.

after all theses years, still can\'t say who my favourite is

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
66slim
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Monkees

#278930 1 year, 2 months ago
Mike is the best musician but I always liked Peter Tork as my favorite character. Saw them at six flags when I was young but unfortunately not with Mike Nesmith.
And leave it on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
skidoo
Gold Boarder

#278934 1 year, 2 months ago
66slim wrote:
Mike is the best musician but I always liked Peter Tork as my favorite character. Saw them at six flags when I was young but unfortunately not with Mike Nesmith.

from watching the TV show when they performed a song, even at a young age, I always thought Peter was the non-musician because he looked the spazziest--which i loved. from reading a bit about them, it turns out peter was pretty well-versed on several instruments at the time he auditioned for the show.

still a tough call for me as to favourites, though when I was younger I wanted my hair like Mickey Dolenz (or Glen Campbell). this was before he went with the curly Perm.....which my hair was like anyways.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#278950 1 year, 2 months ago
I bet that was a perfect summer show, even without Davy (sniff, sniff). I would have loved the Daydream believer singalong!

Hmmm, makes me think it might be time to visit the freaky side of the Monkees and watch Head with a good buzz again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
skidoo
Gold Boarder

#278951 1 year, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I bet that was a perfect summer show, even without Davy (sniff, sniff). I would have loved the Daydream believer singalong!

Hmmm, makes me think it might be time to visit the freaky side of the Monkees and watch Head with a good buzz again!

yeah they did a great job at the show musically and visually with The Porpoise Song

they showed an extended clip of Davey dancing & singing....his psychedelic soft-shoe. it was pretty heavy. as with most things there is a lot more underneath the surface.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds